Avebury »
Megameet

Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
GordonP
474 posts

Re: Megameet
Mar 01, 2007, 10:38
That should have read wwwbigstones.com :-)
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 11:10
Welcome back Jane and Moth (you are back?).

Hope you had a great time. The last entry in your blog (Killing to Conserve at http://www.janetomlinson.com/journal/index.php?id=267#cmt ) deserves wider publicity; along with the concerns we have for our cultural heritage, this sort of killing is yet another example of man's appalling greed and selfish stupidity.

Sorry, needed to get that off my chest - normal service will resume as soon as possible.
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 11:44
Aye - 'tis indeed a cool area in more ways than one!

love

Moth
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 12:02
Avebury's quite North to some of us! ;o)

G x

PS - good to see you two back! :o)
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 12:16
Yes, we're back - though I wish we were still there :-( I *heart* Africa so much.

Saw some splendid examples of San bushman rock art which I'll be blogging about fairly soon :-) There were some real surprises in the designs, too!

Glad you like my blog LS, it's good to know someone reads it! Today South Africa confirmed that they are considering an elephant cull. Having seen the destruction and misery caused by too many elephants in not enough space I have some sympathy. I don't like it though. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6404587.stm
J
x
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 12:29
GordonP wrote:
How about New York State in August for the Mega-Conference 07?

This is being organized by Rob Roy www.bigstones.com and will comprise a 5 day Conference and workshop, the aim of which is to learn by discussion and actual experiments how our Neolithic ancestors were able to man-handle the massive megaliths found all over Northern Europe and elsewhere.

Speakers will include, among others, Czech engineer Pavel Pavel (who worked with Thor Hyderthal on Easter Island), Rob Roy, Ivan McBeth www.ivanmcbeth.com, Doug Kerr, and myself www.stonehengetheanswer.com

During the workshop we will be conducting several actual experiments with real stones.

Accomodation is being provided by Plattsburg State Uni at $265 per person including food.
Contact [email protected]

Details of the conference and workshop can be found at www.bigstones.con click on workshops.

Yes, but is there a pub close by?

:-)
moss
moss
2897 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 13:17
Moth wrote:
Well, if we were trying to get somewhere for north AND south, somewhere around there/Stanton Moor'd be good....

love

Moth

Glad to see you both back safely, in mentioning Stanton Moor, are you contemplating a demonstration as well against quarries ;)..
What about West (nothing in the east) Wales has some picnic places, to add to the general store of where to have a megameet, of course, everyone will have to camp..
VenerableBottyBurp
675 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 13:57
Pete G wrote:

Where will this TV link be sited exactly?
PeteG

Dunno, they can't sort it as there are traffic issues to be sorted first. But the interpretation stuff is going ahead I think as they have recruited people to deliver it.

VBB
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 14:01
I'd be up for that - keep us posted!
Cursuswalker
Cursuswalker
597 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 14:45
nidge wrote:
Where? And would those of us who are newish with little knowledge be invited?

Nidge x

Yes, but you have to stay standing and serve the wine.
Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index