Megameet

Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
whipangel
137 posts

Re: Megameet
Mar 01, 2007, 15:42
GordonP wrote:
How about New York State in August for the Mega-Conference 07?

This is being organized by Rob Roy www.bigstones.com and...

Littlestone wrote:

Yes, but is there a pub close by?

:-)

...with Real Ale...?
slumpystones
769 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 18:42
VenerableBottyBurp wrote:
Pete G wrote:

Where will this TV link be sited exactly?
PeteG

Dunno, they can't sort it as there are traffic issues to be sorted first. But the interpretation stuff is going ahead I think as they have recruited people to deliver it.

VBB

Do we get a mega-screen somewhere like for the World Cup ?

Sanctuary TV ?
slumpystones
769 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 18:43
A conference on N Europe in New York ?

WTF ?????
slumpystones
769 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 18:44
I'm sure there are loads of theme pubs serving Guinness and speaking in Cock-er-ney accents.
GordonP
474 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 19:22
slumpystones wrote:

WTF ?????

N Europe and elsewhere :-) Lebernon, Egypt, China, and both North and South America.
slumpystones
769 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 19:39
GordonP wrote:
slumpystones wrote:

WTF ?????

N Europe and elsewhere :-) Lebernon, Egypt, China, and both North and South America.

Still seems stupid to me. They have so little to contribute compared to anywhere else, they only acknowledged the existence of a prehistoric society five bloody minutes ago!
GordonP
474 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 20:39
N Europe and elsewhere :-) Lebernon, Egypt, China, and both North and South America.[/quote]

Still seems stupid to me. They have so little to contribute compared to anywhere else, they only acknowledged the existence of a prehistoric society five bloody minutes ago![/quote]

Better late than never :-)
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 20:53
Goff, I'm in Cornwall for the weekend of 21-22 April (cousin's 60th) and would hate to miss the Megameet if it's going to happen then - any chance of having it a bit later on?
slumpystones
769 posts

Mar 01, 2007, 21:23
GordonP wrote:

Still seems stupid to me. They have so little to contribute compared to anywhere else, they only acknowledged the existence of a prehistoric society five bloody minutes ago![/quote]

Better late than never :-)[/quote]

I suppose. The Americans I have met and known well consider an original Coke bottle an antique, and Civil War stuff...wow, that's Mesolithic, isn't it? The other stuff has become pretty invisible to most.
scubi63
463 posts

Mar 02, 2007, 09:27
After trying to find the Polisher Stone and yesterday and failing completely (I am sure I looked at every rock and stone!!), I think we should have the Megameet at Avebury so that all those in the know can take us up to Fyfield Down and show us where it is!!!
ps. It was a nice walk though and Rex didn't want to go out for the rest of the evening :o)
Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index