Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Newbies and Bad Weather!
May 11, 2007, 14:11
whipangel wrote:
Weather forecast's not looking good, which gives me us a problem as newbies- How do we find you folks if you're rained out of the Cove?

Be nice to meet you, an' all!

If it's raining, you'll most likely find us in the boozer! For identification purposes, I'll be the big, bald bloke everyone's taking the piss out of. ;o)

G x
whipangel
137 posts

May 11, 2007, 14:20
Cheers Goffik,

We'll be the long-and-unnaturally-black-haired pair holding up a piece of paper with 'megameet?' on it!

See you all tomorrow - hoping the weather improves.
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Was Megameet
May 11, 2007, 15:56
Terry Wogan mask?!?!?
My knees are weak at the very thought of it.
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Re: Megameet
May 11, 2007, 16:00
I'd go A303 till Winterbourne Stoke then North to Devizes then N to the A4 at beckhampton roundabout. Though A303 to amesbury will take you past Stonehenge which is a view you'll only be able to enjoy for a short geological time. ;)

(ps I hate motoways so I am slightly biased)
scubi63
463 posts

May 11, 2007, 18:01
Should be coming along tomorrow but I will be bringing Rex with me so won't be able to go in the pub with him.
If you see a lardy bloke in a Coat/Jacket or other garment bearing the Bath Rugby badge and trundling around with a black Collie type dog, it will probably be me.
Hope to see you there
:o)
BigSweetie
BigSweetie
806 posts

May 11, 2007, 19:45
goffik wrote:
If it's raining, you'll most likely find us in the boozer! For identification purposes, I'll be the big, bald bloke who looks like Matt Lucas that everyone's taking the piss out of. ;o)
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Was Megameet
May 12, 2007, 00:50
One each. They're not as good as they could be as me print cartridge was dying....

Seeya tomorrow (today, akcherly!)

love

Moth

PS To anyone who's interested, Julian was on fine form in reading tonite!
Rhiannon
5291 posts

May 12, 2007, 18:01
I have been stuck at work but I wish I'd got over there. Hope you all had a nice time and it didn't rain too much?
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

May 12, 2007, 20:37
Rhiannon wrote:
I have been stuck at work but I wish I'd got over there. Hope you all had a nice time and it didn't rain too much?

Thanks, Rhiannon!

Shame you couldn't make it - there was a great crowd! Some new faces (to me, anyway!) - all absolutely lovely people, of course!

And yes - it did rain. Quite a lot! A few of us went for a walk to Silbury and got absolutely drenched! But it's all part of the fun, innit? ;o)

Was nice to meet Bucky E and Loie - hope to meet you again sometime... And didn't get much of a chance to speak to Whipangel - shame! We had to stay outside for a bit cos we had a dog with us and for some reason the Red Lion doesn't allow them into any part of it! But still... Next meet in the Summer, anyone? :oD

G x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

May 12, 2007, 20:43
BigSweetie wrote:
If it's raining, you'll most likely find us in the boozer! For identification purposes, I'll be the big, bald bloke who looks like Matt Lucas that everyone's taking the piss out of. ;o)

As for you, madam: You're twisting my words! I'll not tolerate it! ;o)

G x
Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 114 15 16 17 18 19 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index