Megameet

Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

Re: Megameet
May 12, 2007, 20:49
Sorry I didn't make it...fathers home but I thought I better stay close at hand in case needed. Went to a talk on Celtic Cornwall instead.....nearly fell asleep!

Make the next meeting this side of Bristol if its during the summer and I will do me best to get there..

Hey, Goffik....is it still a secret?

Mr H
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 12, 2007, 20:59
"Make the next meeting this side of Bristol if its during the summer and I will do me best to get there.."

You'll be glad to know Goff is mumbling about Dartmoor.

"Hey, Goffik....is it still a secret?"

No t'aint. He's blabbed. Good isn't it!
Rhiannon
5291 posts

May 12, 2007, 21:18
go on make it a sunday one year and I'll be there (don't tell me, everyone's at church that day so it has to be a saturday). rain doesn't bother me much as long as it's warm.
whipangel
137 posts

Re: Megameet (fao:Goffik, Jane and Moth)
May 13, 2007, 07:54
Likewise Goffik, I'd hoped to chat with a few peeps for longer, but nice to have met so many new interesting friendly and knowledgeable people.

As we were only down for the day we had to get some walking in - which meant a shorter 'meet for us - but now we've had our first we're very much looking forward to the next one.

We'd planned on a walk to Swallowhead, but talking to Jane and Moth we were given directions to something interesting up on Fyfield Down.

We too got drenched on the way up, then when we'd found what we were looking for (Cheers Moth!) , stood in awe for a while and enjoyed the view we headed back - ten minutes from Avebury we got utterly soaked to the skin - bought a blanket from the NT shop and drove home 200 miles sat on our waterproofs squelching all the way.

...but it was worth it. Great to see all you guys in the flesh finally, thanks for having us!
jimit
jimit
1053 posts

May 13, 2007, 09:56
Great to see old and new faces and to keep up to date with the gossip.
Moth,Jane, Nigel and I also got soaked walking back to the car! The group got split up at the end so "cheers" to those I didn't have a chance to say goodbye to.
3 pics here... http://www.flickr.com/photos/28869623@N00/?saved=1

Jim.
whipangel
137 posts

May 13, 2007, 10:47
Thanks for posting your photos - did any one of us avoid a soaking? :)
hamish
hamish
179 posts

May 13, 2007, 11:58
It was great to meet folks I only knew by name over the years,this is the first meet I have actually managed to get to.Shame about the weather though,I parked in the village carpark and got a bit wet getting back to my car. Goff managed to get a spot in the Lion carpark by sitting in his car 'till a space appeared. Nice to meet Bucky and Loie too, Here's to the next time.

H
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

May 13, 2007, 12:57
Hey peeps, we had a nice time too despite the drenching walking to Silbury... On a side not, anyone else think Moth looks slightly Cromwellian in this photo?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28869623@N00/495907338/
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

May 14, 2007, 09:48
nigelswift wrote:
No t'aint. He's blabbed. Good isn't it!

Yeah - the cat is well and truly out of the bag now - cheers, everyone! Me and Mrs G can't wait!!!

G x
BigSweetie
BigSweetie
806 posts

May 14, 2007, 13:47
did he get the only space in the village?
Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 115 16 17 18 19 20 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index