Ritual

Pages: 24 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Ritual
Jan 09, 2006, 16:22
To be honest I've spelled Christmas as Xmas for 30+ years. I do it because my grandfather (a lay preacher) did. I spell Christian as Xtian to annoy ;-)
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Jan 09, 2006, 16:23
'Fraid not Peter. Many of the occult and pagan mags from the '80s were writing "xtian", from where I presume Julian himself got it.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 09, 2006, 16:23
>> we all have our little rituals (or do I mean compulsions?)

That's a very, very fine line isn't it. I think it was seeing the fine line that made me stop doing it for a while. I was getting worried!
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Jan 09, 2006, 16:24
Just as it suits other cultures to make things gender-less
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Jan 09, 2006, 16:35
Yes but on TMA do not TMAers do it because Julian do?

It doesn't offend me because I'm not a Christian. It amuses me when people feel the need to copy heroes, but that is a perfectly human characteristic. It amuses me even more when pseudo-pagans and fellow travellers refrain from writing the word Christ as some kind of macho dare, insult or avoidance of divine thunderbolts or whatever fantasy they are in. It only offends me - and that deeply and seriously - when politically correct fascists wish me "Happy Holiday" instead of "Happy Christmas". I may not have much of a folk culture left and "it may be a poor thing, but it is mine own". Accordingly I will defend the few remaining tatters that I value.
Paulus
Paulus
769 posts

Jan 09, 2006, 16:47
< Yes but on TMA do not TMAers do it because Julian do? >

God only knows! Having not read either of Julian's books, my writing of 'xtian' comes from the old "Pagan News" heydays of Phil Hine and other old magickians.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jan 09, 2006, 17:03
I spell Christian as Xtian to annoy ;-)

same here , I've never read the book either .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jan 09, 2006, 17:08
Problem with the prog I fear is that Dawkins is such an arrogant git . He is a true believer in scientism as bad those he puts down.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Jan 09, 2006, 17:38
>> It amuses me when people feel the need to copy heroes

LOL! I've stood atop Loughcrew with Julian and partook in fart duets. Folk cease to be heroes after that :-)
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Jan 09, 2006, 17:45
But not if he out farted you considerably? A whole new pedestal.
Pages: 24 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index