Silbury Round One
This topic is locked

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Re: Please
Nov 28, 2005, 13:22
Then why don't you stop posting a reply that is nothing but a rant that I will reply in kind to!

If you bother reading through the long-winded threads (and why if you're not interested), you'll see that lots of the childish comments are provided by one of the main posters on this Board.

I posted what went on at the meeting on a thread with Hob & PeterH, who saw no reason to degenerate the threads into the sort of rubbish Goffik indulges in. Why not ask him what happened at the meeting? or his thoughts on EH's proposal - because unsurprisingly I couldn't get a sensible reply.

Bottom line if you don't like my posts don't read 'em.
texlahoma
texlahoma
891 posts

a useful meeting
Nov 28, 2005, 13:47
i though saturday's meeting was really useful. it was good to hear lots of different ideas about the best way to protect silbury for future generations and in the end i though what english heritage were suggesting did sound like the best option all round. it was nice to see english heritage listening with interest to the public's concerns and comments about the future of silbury. it would be nice to think that there will be another meeting like this one once english heritage have all their quotes back in from contractors, at least that way there will be a further chance for anyone with concerns to express them and for us all to get a better of understanding of what is being done and why.

great to see everyone again on saturday!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Nov 28, 2005, 13:48
Rhiannon,
There's a brief factual account of the meeting on the Heritage Journal http://www.heritageaction.org/?page=theheritagejournal
In addition we'll be giving a much more detailed account together with our own views on the main HA site in due course.

You're quite right about the trolling. It has made it impossible to say much about it here. I said something above simply to disprove the assertion that HA had somehow not done it's homework extremely thoroughly or somehow had misread the published documents. It's without foundation, pretty insulting and couldn't be further from the truth. I won't hold my breath for an apology though, it's in the nature of trolls to hit and run.
Ishmael
683 posts

Re: a useful meeting
Nov 28, 2005, 13:53
It was good to see you both again Tex & Snuz!
I don't read the troll posts anymore so no idea what bollux has been said to destroy this thread.
Let me know when your down this way again and if you can make the Stonehenge meet,
Big Grins :)
Ishmael
683 posts

Nov 28, 2005, 13:55
Nigel,
So at the end of the day are you a happy bunny?
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Nov 28, 2005, 13:55
Why should I apologise? You have been constantly trumpeting doom and gloom about EHs very well detailed and researched proposals, based on your own very biased viewpoint.

Perhaps you should apologise for the way EH's proposals have been presented by yourself & HA? You deliberately chose to twist the contents of the Risk Assessment and concentrate on a very unlikely possibility and put it forward as a certain probability.
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Nov 28, 2005, 13:57
Well he was allowed 'a lengthy rant' so why not?
texlahoma
texlahoma
891 posts

Nov 28, 2005, 13:58
we will definitely be along for the stonehenge meet, sounds great whatever the weather forecast!
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Nov 28, 2005, 14:01
"it was nice to see english heritage listening with interest to the public's concerns and comments about the future of silbury. it would be nice to think that there will be another meeting like this one once english heritage have all their quotes back in from contractors"

Well I think that's great if that's how it felt at the meeting (I wish I could have been there but I was at work) - it sounds positive if you think there was actually some two way communication.
Ishmael
683 posts

Nov 28, 2005, 14:03
It would have been nice to have seen you there,
VBB also missed it due to pnumonia, we could have done with some of his humour to have lightened it up a bit.
Hopefully EH will hold more public meetings like this in the future.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index