Re: Silbury Round One
Nov 26, 2005, 23:06
Good for you.

You wish it were otherwise?
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 23:07
I assumed you were being sensible, I won't again - thanks for confirming my comments.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 23:12
Nononono no no. No.

You misinterpret me. (It's late and Staurday after all)

What I meant was, would you rather the public were not interested in the way in which their heritage is managed? I just missed out most of the relevant words from the sentence.
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 23:18
ah - you see it is indeed late and I'm only used to 'troll-food' - apologies to you.

Of course the public should be interested in their heritage, and I'm no fan of mega-quangos, but to automatically assume that EH are out to do the wrong thing, well thats just daft....the people within EH care too!

As you say - up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire time I think.....
Ishmael
683 posts

Nov 27, 2005, 00:05
Yes I think a lot was achieved all round.
No idea what SBP is prattling on about (as usual)
Hopefully EH will be less transparent in the future and more likely to give out more details to the concerned public before they start digging and they Will start digging.
Even tho they said it's not a foregone conclusion yet I am 98% confident they will and would put money on it.
If nothing else good contact were made.
Ishmael
683 posts

Nov 27, 2005, 00:13
Fair comment Nigel.
I think you did well but knew this forum would degenerate rapidly so I thought a boxing analogy might be appropriate.
I was actualy shocked at the EH U-turn in public.
Sorry I couldn't stay around afterwards but I had to meet people about a stonehenge project that is imminant.
Ishmael
683 posts

Please
Nov 27, 2005, 00:15
Don't feed the troll
doktoratomik
doktoratomik
379 posts

Re: Please
Nov 28, 2005, 12:48
My thoughts exactly.
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Nov 28, 2005, 12:51
Ha! Ha! too deep for me, must have taken you ages to think of that one.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Nov 28, 2005, 13:03
If you've got something interesting to say then say it. If you just want to wind people up or you've got a personal grudge against certain people I wish you'd take it off this message board because I'm sure NOONE wants to trawl through these inane slanging matches.

I would have thought that any meeting between EH and non-archaeologist interested parties would be a good thing. It would have been nice to have heard what went on at that meeting without half a page of argument. If people from EH happen to look in on this board what impression are they going to get? Not a particularly good one. But perhaps for some reason that's what you want.

Oh for goodness' sake. I don't care if you think I'm rude. I'm just fed up of it all.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index