This topic is locked

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Silbury Round One
Nov 26, 2005, 20:03
Ignoring what? What are you blathering on about?

G x
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 20:03
Ah! So you WERE there, were you?

G x
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 20:08
Well now, if you had kept up to date with things here, you might have realised that I support EH's proposals. I have clashed long and often with Nigel on Silbury, but I have the greatest respect for him and his passion for Silbury. I see no point in making shallow personal attacks on Goffick and others. Who are you trying to convince of what?
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 20:20
I'm not trying to convince anyone - their minds are made up.

I'm amused by the fact that someone appears to have got their take on EH's Report wrong.

But its okay because in the end HA & EH both agreed that EH were right, and it was what HA had wanted all along and what had taken EH so long? So we all lived happily ever after (except for the punter trapped on the barbed-wire!!).
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 20:27
> I'm amused by the fact that someone appears to have got their take on EH's Report wrong.

Yeah, but don't worry about it - if you were there, you would have been able to see what ACTUALLY happened. It's good that you're actually admitting to being wrong for once though!

G x
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 20:30
What are you on about? I told you I wasn't going and I didn't. You believe what other people tell you and I believe what other people tell me.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 20:33
> What are you on about? I told you I wasn't going and I didn't. You believe what other people tell you and I believe what other people tell me.

Nothing. Don't worry too much about it. I know it's difficult. I was just suggesting that maybe your source had got it wrong, and by believing it, you too had got it wrong. I was there and didn't see anyone making anyone else look silly, as you initially stated. Come along next time. Hey! You might learn something! Actually, don't. It went on long enough as it was.

G x
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 20:39
If you think that misinterpreting the information about what the 'tunnelling' proposed by EH (in their report) meant for Silbury doesn't make you look a tiny bit silly then fair enough....

So what do you think about EH's proposals then - something different for you to type rather than drivel.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 20:42
> If you think that misinterpreting the information about what the 'tunnelling' proposed by EH (in their report) meant for Silbury doesn't make you look a tiny bit silly then fair enough....

So did your informant report back to you verbatim? Did she have a Dictaphone? She was talking most of the way through it...

And does it make me look silly? I didn't say anything throughout! Ah! I get it! Against the ropes... Resort to insults. Fair enough. I'll leave you to it.

G x
smallblueplanet
472 posts

Nov 26, 2005, 20:47
So you haven't actually got anything to say about the proposals then?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] This topic is locked

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index