Re: Sex Pistols
Feb 24, 2003, 15:06
I'll see your Cast and raise you a co.uk
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Feb 24, 2003, 15:13
Oh please, "Cast"? "co.uk"? They're both shining beacons of groovesome nomenclature when compared with...

"Nite Wolf"

"Live, loud and in-your-face - the way Rock was meant to be!!"
http://www.swcp.com/~nitewolf/
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Feb 24, 2003, 15:24
I've always had a dream of forming a death metal combo called Fistmonger. Mibbe one day I will.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Feb 24, 2003, 15:43
Stinkfist is in that area, but I don't know if that's a bad name or just unpleasant.
PaulB
188 posts

Re: Atomic Kitten
Feb 24, 2003, 16:17
Ah, but that was the original plan - edgy girl pop. But they've been surpassed in that area recently by TATU and Sugababes.

Funny to think that Atomic Kitten had originally been launched by one of the founder members of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - and band names don't become more ridiculous than that!

Plus, there's another 3-girl outfit on the way from the same team!
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 24, 2003, 17:23
But it's from Barbarella! How COULD you?!
Mind you, I get your point - if the group had been a wildly psychedelic and madly camp band they might have got away with it.
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Feb 24, 2003, 17:29
I nominate Freur for the 80s tosh. Not only is it a shite name, but they actually tried to get everyone to accept that it had to be written as that stupid bloody squiggly symbol - 80s pretentiousness WRIT LARGE!

(PS: be aware these people became Underworld - you have been warned!)

Actually talking of crap symbols, what about The Artist Formerly Known As... and his symbol? Dire whichever way you look at it.

Oh, and P. Diddy? Sounds like a slang term for the clap to me.

someone STOP me!!!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7720 posts

Feb 24, 2003, 17:50
Yeah, symbols. The fourth Zeppelin album.

And nobody is EVER going to get anywhere with a band name like The Teardrop Explodes.
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Feb 24, 2003, 17:55
Oddly enough, i thought the "Prince -> Symbol -> Artist, Formerly Known As Prince" thing was absolute genius. I mean, musically the guy had pretty much lost his way by then (but what a decade he had!) but changing your name to something unpronounceable? And then changing it to The Person Formerly Known As [Your name]?

I *love* that shit. Sorry.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index