Register
Unsung Forum »
Soundtrack To Our Lives W/E 26/1/03

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
242 posts

part1
Jan 27, 2003, 02:25
Glad to see my comments about not listening to music properly are fondly remembered. Shame nobody bothered to read my full explanation and justification of this in other threads.
As it happens, I find myself listening to a bit more music now as the cd player on my computer works and i can now listen to music whilst on this site.
oh and another thing, whilst many strongly expressed their disapproval of shrimps comments (I'm not sure if I entirely agree with him), his polemic style is surely preferable to the wishy washy liberal sitting on the fence attitude that people like different things and have different opinions and everything is valid. Personally I think that the whole fun is trying to justify one's music taste as being more valid than anothers, and not to say, oh well that's your opinion and you are fully entitled to it and it is equally as valid. Rant over.
direwolf
92 posts

Re: Soundtrack To Our Lives W/E 26/1/03
Jan 27, 2003, 02:50
This week I've been listening to....

June 1, 1974 Kevin Ayres/John Cale/Eno/Nico
Projeckt X- Heaven and Earth (remixes of the Construcktion of Light Sessions)
Flaming Lips- Live Boston '02 (Bootleg- not too bad of sound quality either considering it's obviously an audience recording)
The Forgotten Rebels- In Love With the System
squeen
2 posts

Jan 27, 2003, 08:27
Just 'discovered' The Legendary pink Dots, thank you epitonic.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Play...
Jan 27, 2003, 09:55
...is my favourite Magazine album FWIW. And, possilby the best live album ever made. (See old thread)
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Jan 27, 2003, 10:41
funky breaks and sampled soul

rae& christian - sleepwalking

dj shadow - endtroducing

zero 7 - simple things

smokin beats - various

massive attack - blue lines

kruder dorfmeister - the k&d sessions

massive attack - protection

deltron 3030

nightmares on wax - carboot soul

he's a bit of a cheesy quaver type and an aussie to boot. - but rather good to have someone at work to lend you decent new (to me) sounds. I'll post a review of these once I've listened and burned copies of those I liked
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Jan 27, 2003, 10:41
funky breaks and sampled soul

rae& christian - sleepwalking

dj shadow - endtroducing

zero 7 - simple things

smokin beats - various

massive attack - blue lines

kruder dorfmeister - the k&d sessions

massive attack - protection

deltron 3030

nightmares on wax - carboot soul

he's a bit of a cheesy quaver type and an aussie to boot. - but rather good to have someone at work to lend you decent new (to me) sounds. I'll post a review of these once I've listened and burned copies of those I liked
Telepathine
371 posts

Jan 27, 2003, 11:35
Mooseheart Faith Stella Groove Band - Coronal Mass Ejection ...listened to this loads, and love it. Not my usual cup of tea, but all the more rewarding because of it.

The Warlocks - Phoenix.... Another on heavy rotation, BRMC meets Spacemen 3 and The Velvets, yummy.

Dischord 20 year Box...particularly CD1, has all the best tracks, though the other two have their moments

Lots of oldschool Dub...was putting a few tapes together for severin, and had a good old dabble in some tunes I've not heard in a dogs age...King Tubby, Yabba U, Keith Hudson, Prince Jammy, Africa Head Charge, Dub Syndicate, Prince Far I, U Roy, etc ,etc..

The Mummies - Never Been Caught

Cabaret Voltaire...The Original Sound Of Sheffield 78-82...Never really been a big Cab's fan, though this 'best of' is certainly better than i remember them. Before this the only lP i Had was red Mecca, and on that i only really enjoyed the all to brief Landslide. Still don't rate the later 'dancier' stuff, though do quite like the Richard H Kirk Cd's on Warp and the Sweet Exorcist stuff.

Electric 6 ...dunno what it's called...that thing in the charts...spent an allnighter round at a friends house, and this kept geting stuck on at regular intevals, find it mildly amusing for the time being, will probably hate it in years to come.

Various compilation MD's featuring among others, Meat Beat Manifesto, The Faint, Queens Of The Stoneage, Liars, Tom Waits, Barry Adamson, Coil, Suicide, Braindonor (My Pagan Ass), Monks, Elevate, Pavement, Sonic Youth, Yabba U, Aswad, Selecter, Specials, Clash, Orbital, Slayer, Shellac, Scientist, Gun Club, Mooseheart.., Warlocks, J&MC,Adverts, Thipe, Eno,Talking Heads, Boredoms, Mudhoney, etc, etc..
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Legendary Pink Dots
Jan 27, 2003, 14:50
with regards to the Leggy Pink Dots, check out (if you've not already):

Crushed Velvet Apocalypse
The Maria Dimension
Nine Lives To Wonder
Shadow Weaver
Malachai

(well, they're my favourites anyway)
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

I used to play trombone
Jan 27, 2003, 15:03
and I'm only too well aware of the volume of spit it can catch.
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Jan 27, 2003, 16:13
Not had too much time to listen to much this week

Dandy Warhols - 13 Tales Of Urban Bohemia
Dreadzone - Second Light
Gus Gus - Vs. t-world
Bronx Dogs - 3 Legged Funk
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index