Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03
Jan 12, 2003, 18:39
Hiya

Cheers for kicking it off this week Fitter. Here goes a late entry from me: -

Well I have been listening to a shedload of Jethro Tull this week. On the stereo have been me perennial faves This Was, Stand Up, Benefit, Heavy Horses, and Living In the Past. The trouble with me and Jethro Tull is this my collection is a bit bigger than the aforementioned albums unfortunately much of it is on rarely played LP and in some cases only played once or twice LP and filed away for future reference. So in my Ian Anderson sound tracked world this week I have exhumed the vinyl in search of ahem “new or lost Tull” and what do u know lost treasure.

So this week from Joolio’s long neglected vinyl collection the following Tull has been exhumed: -
Thick As A Brick – I 1st heard this in 1986 when I borrowed it off me neighbours and always thought it to be grey and miserable LP. WRONG what a record its wild – bought an original pressing LP in 1988 newspaper sleeve and all its amazing stuff most played record this week. Why have I not dug it out and dug it before!!!!!!
What else – Minstrel in the Gallery is pretty good stuff but Warchild didn’t hit home straight away.

Apart from Tull what else has been getting some rotation: -

Been in a funk phase again – so we have had Curtis Mayfield –Superfly – just bliss – forget the Theme from Shaft this is where its at.
The Isley Bros. – Giving It Back from 1970 funked up covers of rock tracks includes an incendiary Ohio by CSNY segued with Hendrix’s Machine Gun.
The Temptations Psychedelic Shack/All Directions and Cloud Nine and Puzzle People
Mother Earth – The People Tree superb album by early 90’s acid jazzers

Also Amorphous Androgynous – The Mello Hippo Disco Show

Finally a couple of albums from my teen years High Voltage and Powerage by AC/DC – class in a glass!!!!!!!!!!
And that’s me

See ya all

Joolio

(Still raining still dreaming)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index