Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03

43 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Joolio Geordio
Joolio Geordio
1300 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03
Jan 12, 2003, 12:43
Quatermass - excellent album picked it up at a record fair at Shieldfield about 12 years ago (a Harvest Heritage reissue mind u from 75 with different sleeve ...grrrrr) Happily also got the reissued CD with bonus tracks can sort u outa copy if u want.
Agreed Bakerloo sound worthy of further investigation I have it in the back of my mind that this might be a See For Miles reissue - not sure.
Re 1990's Purple yes Slaves and Masters hmm Blackmores attempt to drag Purple into the commercial AOR/pop rock world mind u its actually better than the previous album with Gillan the House of Blue Light - they are both crap basically but if u want to rate them on a sliding scale etc....
Battle Rages On was the album which Lord, Glover and Paice laid the law down to Blackmore and insisted that JLT was jettsioned and Gillan was reinstated or thery were off too (although I am sure that the fact that the Deep Purple 25 year anniversary was approaching had nowt to do with it). Anyway I digress on the whole its a decent album at that point I thought that it was the best of the reunion albums to date being a return to riff orientated rock - stand out track is Ramshackle Man a blues work out and the only track in which Jon Lord gets unleashed.
Pupendicular is by far the best release since Purple reformed in 1984. Blackmore had jumped ship in mid tour (1993) and by 1996 Steve Morse was handling guitar duties its a diverse LP some great heavy rockers and something which wouldnt be out of place on a Byrds album - listen to this one next Fitter.
Rite as soundtrax is underway I am off to get some breakfast and ponder my list see u all later.

Joolio
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index