Unsung Forum »
Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03

43 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Soundtracks To Our Lives W/E 11/01/03
Jan 12, 2003, 14:31
Helping warm the freezing cat pod this week....

Jedi Knights - New School Science. Nearly wet self with excitement when I came across this in my local 2nd hand place, as I've been trying to get it for ages. Came out in 96 I think. Nearly came across it too...arf. See, there was a load of kerfuffle ( luv that word!) from George Lucas about the name and it made the thing dashed hard to find. Anyhoo, it's supremely funky electro and techno breaks n beats and stuff and is totally ace. Brilliant electronic funky ideas jostling for space as it triggers ones nervous system. Makes Fatboy Slim sound like a small squirrel sat in the rain moping while racy gerbils whiz by blowing dried peas at its sad head. Terrif!

King Tubby - Crucial Dub. Splendid dubathon compilation of heavy bass n echoes n beats n t'ing. Marvellous stuff for rocking the beams to. And get this....only £1.99 in HMV now! Go get it babylon!

Chris Starling - Sounds like Chris Starling. Cool low key release of atmospheric indie swamp n roll slightly dark stuff from laconic former smack head. Might get round to doing an Unsung on his former band The Starlings one day.

Spring Heel Jack - Amassed. SHJ team with Jason Spaceman and various jazzers to make total free jazz mentalism noise and mayhem. Fab! Makes Primal Scream's efforts in this direction sound like an old turnip rolling aimlessly into a vat of wet dogs.

Mediaeval Baebes - The Rose. Utterly bewitching and beguiling vocalising and olde worlde mystery from saucepot troubadours. Has a tune called 'Lick The Maypole'. Nurse!

Miranda Sex Garden - Madra. Accapella atmospherics from Baebes predecessors.

Ian O' Brien - A history of things to come. Jazzy groovy and sometimes weirdazoid tunes and stuff

The Roots - Do You Want More?!!!?!!. Their punctuation. Tip top jazzy hip hop

Amused By Genitals - Will piss on a Camels face for money and cheese.

The Shining - True Skies. Former latter date Verve people do competent but so so indie rock n roll. Sadly not Nick McCabe. Agreeable but not very inspired. From what I've heard The Music do this sort of thing much better. Glad it was very cheap. File under £3.99 or less rock.

The Wickerman -OST. Saucy goings on on Summer Isle. Top stuff.

That's mostly it I think....have a nice week
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index