Book Of Seth

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Book Of Seth
Jun 02, 2022, 22:07
Damn dude, you're on a roll. I just noticed the last few after Moondawn. Feeling inspired? Bring it all on.

I've been grooving to JSBX since back in the day, and Orange would be my fave except for their Experimental Remixes EP totally takes it to the next level. I play that thing all the time.
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Re: Book Of Seth
Jun 11, 2022, 20:26
Citizensmurf wrote:
Damn dude, you're on a roll. I just noticed the last few after Moondawn. Feeling inspired? Bring it all on.

I've been grooving to JSBX since back in the day, and Orange would be my fave except for their Experimental Remixes EP totally takes it to the next level. I play that thing all the time.

Citizensmurf!

Hey, man: thanks so much! Been inspired but it's been a crazy week of delaing with contractors, running errands, etc. or I would've answered earlier.

You're a Blues-X man? Excellent!

I've had e-mails from several people saying how, they too, dig the Blues Explosion and especially ORANGE. I never would've guessed otherwise!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Book Of Seth
Jun 12, 2022, 17:59
The Seth Man wrote:
Citizensmurf wrote:

Citizensmurf!

Hey, man: thanks so much! Been inspired but it's been a crazy week of delaing with contractors, running errands, etc. or I would've answered earlier.

You're a Blues-X man? Excellent!

I've had e-mails from several people saying how, they too, dig the Blues Explosion and especially ORANGE. I never would've guessed otherwise!

I suppose they aren't as well known now, but they totally deserve a resurgence. I thought that Baby Driver film would have done something.

I almost saw them live in 2013. They were playing a festival in my city and I was at the show, but literally before they came on, our downtown was flooding from the river. My wife told me if we didn't leave "now" to go home to our young daughter I'd have hell to pay. We did, the band played their set and the next day the festival was cancelled and huge parts of the city were under a ton of water.

Dang.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Re: Book Of Seth - Discogs List
Jun 20, 2022, 21:59
https://www.discogs.com/lists/The-Book-Of-Seth/1036760

Another Discogs list by your friend and neighbour, Citizensmurf.

I felt like I needed to compile this, after diving back into many of Seth's reviews. A handy guide if you need to seek out physical copies of some of these legendary albums and singles.

So far missing only two items from the database. Not bad for 345 reviews.
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Jun 25, 2022, 04:10
Citizensmurf wrote:

I felt like I needed to compile this, after diving back into many of Seth's reviews. A handy guide if you need to seek out physical copies of some of these legendary albums and singles.

Citizensmurf,

Wow, man -- but that must have been a lot of work...Crickey!

Truly an honour, Sir.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Edited Jun 25, 2022, 17:23
Jun 25, 2022, 16:31
The Seth Man wrote:
Citizensmurf wrote:

Citizensmurf,

Wow, man -- but that must have been a lot of work...Crickey!

Truly an honour, Sir.

Hey, if it helps steer anyone to source some of these gems then I'm happy. I've bought a bunch of these over the years, but found a local seller who had some great picks for very reasonable prices.

Grabbed Mick Farren-Mona, Annette Peacock-X-Dreams, Kim Fowley-Animal God, Shadows of Knight, Davie Allan-Devil's Rumble comp (with your fine notes) plus a Quicksilver Messanger Service 1968 live LP on Psycho Records.

Going to dig throughy local shops to see if I can unearth some other overlooked gems. Still on the hunt for the Deviants-Ptooff, may have to order a reissue.
HI DEN
HI DEN
814 posts

Jul 12, 2022, 13:56
That's insane man, and righteous!
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jefferson Airplane
Sep 24, 2022, 00:29
Seth brings us another classicly overlooked album. I was literally looking at this one today, but put it back in favour of Traffic - Mr Fantasy and 3 Dexys albums.

https://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/thebookofseth/jefferson-airplane-after-bathing-at-baxters
phallus dei
583 posts

Re: Jefferson Airplane
Sep 24, 2022, 00:55
Great review of what's probably my favorite album from the summer of love. Hope you continue to write about the Airplane. Their streak from '67=69 is one of the high points of rock.
The Seth Man
1240 posts

Re: Jefferson Airplane
Sep 24, 2022, 03:04
Citizensmurf wrote:
Seth brings us another classicly overlooked album. I was literally looking at this one today, but put it back in favour of Traffic - Mr Fantasy and 3 Dexys albums.

https://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/thebookofseth/jefferson-airplane-after-bathing-at-baxters

Citizensmurf,
No way! Cool.

I can't speak for Dexy's but if you picked up MR FANTASY, well...iut was Vivian Stanshall's favourite record (apparently)! And one of mine (definitely)!

With that said, I've been a massive fan of BAXTER'S for a long, long time. I still believe it to be one of the greatest albums released in 1967. (No mean feat, as you you know.)
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index