Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 October 2020 CE

29 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 October 2020
Oct 07, 2020, 23:02
Yeah, some releases command just daft money. Just looked and someone's taking a punt, even at that price. I was peeved that those re-issues from a few years ago pretty much disappeared straight to dealers who sell on at inflated prices. Also I thought they were gonna stay in print at reasonable prices, but that never happened (though that could have been due to the death of Iain Johnstone I suppose who was overseeing the reissues if I recall correctly).

What narks me is these spurious post Coil releases. The 3 astral Disaster vinyl releases seem to benefit nobody but Danny Hyde, who was a member/co-conspirator for a while, but in recent years seems to overplay his part in the music much more than it actually is. Funny how these 'remixes' suddenly appear, most of which you'd have think would have been circulating as semi official boots back in the day through the Coil web forum was active. There are also boots which just lift stuff from the Coil archive wholesale ... can't remember the label, but it's a French one. I bought the Megalithomania vinyl (cos' I was at the gig...nice memento I thought) thinking it was a legit source only to find it was a straight out boot .

There's another fella on ebay putting silly sums on releases allegedly signed by members.....dunno where he gets them (writes them himself I'm guessing) but he sources a fuck load that's fer sure.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index