Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 October 2020 CE

29 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 3 October 2020
Oct 05, 2020, 15:50
Yeah, Trish was a sad loss, waaay too young, and to an flu/pneumonia that should have been spotted earlier. I feel Broadcast would have continued much further into some interesting realms if she was still around (not to say Cargill had no influence, quite the opposite, but I always felt she was the driving force of their sound). I'm a year older than you, and I think her, Peel and Balances early passing hit me harder than I'd have expected. I was pals with Tim and Roj in the early Pre Broadcast days, but lost touch over the years as you do when you've a family and they don't (Roj did have a kid with another friend, but things didn't end well for that relationship sadly).

Do enjoy the Children Of Alice stuff, but doesn't get the spins it deserves. Ditto the Berbarian OST. Trish was a bit younger than me, but grew up in the same place, a weird concrete brutaist council estate on the edge of Birmingham which was interspersed with odd green spaces, parks and woods, with the countryside only a few miles away. I gotta say, I enjoyed my childhood there, before it's later decline. Daft as it sounds, I can deffo hear the influence of that environment in Broadcasts mid period records, before they moved out to a more 'rural' setting to raise their kid, I think it was Hungerford, but could be wrong there. Anyway, I digress......Keep Well.
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index