13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
garerama
garerama
1115 posts

Edited Jun 02, 2020, 23:49
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 30 May 2020 CE
Jun 02, 2020, 23:39
Yep, a lot of my early Coil listenings were from friend's tapes of tapes of albums - the hiss added to the sound ... the first time i did hear them was via a friend's comp LP "Devistate To Liberate" ("Restless Day" probably still one of my faves). That "Gold Is The Metal" album gets a lot of plays here. I had a very surreal experience- when I had just bought the "How To Destroy Angels" 12" later on in my early Coil days (late '91 - sadly sold years ago) - I was listening to it and turned the TV on to check what was on and freaked out - it was the Derek Jarman film - "Angelic Conversation" - almost in synch with what I was playing.

All changed now - post web - you can just go to Archive.org and get them all at a click ... or as you say pay stupid money for physical copies.

Yes, the Ozrics were on top form that night (Fury Murrays, Glasgow 27 Sep 1990) - I think "Erpland" was their latest album then. The band I was playing with weren't though - we'd only reformed and rehearsed twice - did see Ozrics a few times after - did prefer them live to the studio.

Unsung Forum Index