13 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
garerama
garerama
1115 posts

Edited Jun 01, 2020, 22:36
Re: Soundtracks of Our Lives week ending 30 May 2020 CE
Jun 01, 2020, 22:35
Quite a selection there - lots of stuff I frequently turn back to... Agreed "Sky's Gone Out" is there best. I caught onto Bauhaus at the time but only really had a few singles and that double comp LP. Always loved that "All We Ever Wanted" - found it so Bowiesque - but a couple of years back I heard the whole SGO album and was in awe - def bits of prog in there. Nice as always to see Coil in there (esp Horse Rotorvator - I fell in love with them when I got that at the time and that Stolen and Contaminated is one of their best comps). I was digging out some early PiL this morning and will no doubt get the box out some time this week.

I shouldn't really but I still love Swans Burning World - not as much as the album before (COG) and the two after (White Light & Love Of Life) - it may act as an interlude between these albums. They did not suit being on a major label and that production but some great songs nonetheless.

Don't see the Ozrics much here - good to see them too. A blast fromn the past - supported them on their first Scottish gig away 30 years ago ... Have a good week, Gary

Unsung Forum Index