50 posts

Re: Dope - Odin On Acid LP
Sep 19, 2019, 19:46
Naturally.
thesussexidler
64 posts

Sep 20, 2019, 11:05
I haven't had time to play mine (no. 28!) yet - though tonight could be the night! What do you Heads think of it?
Jeez
98 posts

Edited Sep 20, 2019, 18:02
Sep 20, 2019, 18:01
It is not chart material ;)
It's out there occupying a space somewhere between Pluto and the Horsehead Nebula. All 4 tracks have intense feedback and are variations on the same insistent rapid marching beat, like the intro to Boys Keep Swinging by Bowie. That's the only similarity. It's a freak out record.
It has a great AK47 pose photo of a snowy Silbury Hill inside, but Silbury is looking a bit collapsed, and there is a footprint trail up the front of it. I got number 100!
Three Fingered Pete
50 posts

Sep 20, 2019, 22:33
Jeez wrote:
It is not chart material ;)
It's out there occupying a space somewhere between Pluto and the Horsehead Nebula. All 4 tracks have intense feedback and are variations on the same insistent rapid marching beat, like the intro to Boys Keep Swinging by Bowie. That's the only similarity. It's a freak out record.
It has a great AK47 pose photo of a snowy Silbury Hill inside, but Silbury is looking a bit collapsed, and there is a footprint trail up the front of it. I got number 100!

Glad you like it.
Bourbonus
Bourbonus
66 posts

Sep 21, 2019, 05:24
Alas, I won't be purchasing any future Dope material. I actually enjoyed "Ain't Nobody", and the vinyl packaging of the album is nice, but most of Dope is a bit too "out there", for me. During the Head Heritage years there have been some fantastic efforts, I love Dark Orgasm, Black Sheep, Drunken Songs, all the Brain Donor stuff, there's been a lot of good and a few not so good efforts, and Dope is the latter. Maybe it's my middle-aged, going to too many loud concert, ears, that don't agree with Dope, but I'm glad Julian and co continue to release stuff at such a prolific rate, and give us the opportunity to partake in it.
Jeez
98 posts

Sep 21, 2019, 10:27
Ha-ha! :)
It is a challenging record - I like that about it, and I'll play it, but you've got to be in the mood. It's not 20 Mothers but it's great that Julian is blasting the dust off the speakers in 2019!
thesussexidler
64 posts

Sep 21, 2019, 10:36
Yes - I'm coming to the same conclusion. Black Math almost finished it for me, John Balance a real keeper, then....

It's getting expensive too & you need to buy straight away to head off (!) the Ebayers. Hmmm. Given we get something every month maybe we should have subscripitions going, like a magazine & get sent everything? Copescription?

Only joking & I'll change my mind later anyway...............
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Sep 21, 2019, 14:07
thesussexidler wrote:
Yes - I'm coming to the same conclusion. Black Math almost finished it for me, John Balance a real keeper, then....

It's getting expensive too & you need to buy straight away to head off (!) the Ebayers. Hmmm. Given we get something every month maybe we should have subscripitions going, like a magazine & get sent everything? Copescription?

Only joking & I'll change my mind later anyway...............

At least with the 1 copy per person, anyone reselling truly isn't keeping their own. That and its still for ssle days later. If this was Sunn, it would have been gone in seconds!
ottospooky
62 posts

Sep 21, 2019, 15:46
Half of the songs on the J Balance cd were originally almost released as Dope tracks.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index