Unsung Forum »
I Gotta Walk - TOTP 1994

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

I was wrong!
Mar 21, 2019, 23:14
I was thinking of "Try Try Try". Hope no one spent $400+ for it already!
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Re: I was wrong!
Mar 22, 2019, 00:07
It was included as an easter egg on disc 2 of the 'unofficial' 2005 double-disc DVD version of Copeulation ... along with Christine and Hanging Out And Hung Up On The Line - from CH4's Live from the Dome.
drudeawakening
138 posts

Re: I Gotta Walk - TOTP 1994
Mar 22, 2019, 09:24
The DVD - despite not containing the performance mentioned - generally goes for just north of fifteen quid at other reputable online sites e.g. Discogs.

Amazon markplace’s inflated prices are generally not a yardstick for judging s certain item’s value. It’s just wishful trolling sometimes.
tippy wooder
85 posts

Mar 22, 2019, 10:19
Pursued By Trees wrote:
It was included as an easter egg on disc 2 of the 'unofficial' 2005 double-disc DVD version of Copeulation ... along with Christine and Hanging Out And Hung Up On The Line - from CH4's Live from the Dome.

That's interesting... So where is this available?
common era
865 posts

Mar 22, 2019, 11:41
Doesn't look like it is available via Discogs right now, but here is the listing:

https://www.discogs.com/Julian-Cope--Teardrop-Explodes-Gold-The-Videos/release/7996699

Having said that, somewhere in the vaults of Common Castle I have all the aforementioned things on dvd. I don't have a clue as how to share them via streaming or torrenting or any other water-course named technological solution. If someone wants then I could make a copy and send it out and then between yourselves sort out distribution of further copies.

The only thing is finding where the bloody things are!
tippy wooder
85 posts

Edited Mar 22, 2019, 16:19
Mar 22, 2019, 16:07
common era wrote:
Having said that, somewhere in the vaults of Common Castle I have all the aforementioned things on dvd. I don't have a clue as how to share them via streaming or torrenting or any other water-course named technological solution. If someone wants then I could make a copy and send it out and then between yourselves sort out distribution of further copies.

The only thing is finding where the bloody things are!

I am well up for that!

And it sounds like the vaults of Common Castle are to be envied... What other Cope DVD beauties do you have stashed away? :-)
common era
865 posts

Mar 22, 2019, 19:24
Oh heck, that's a question... will see if I can find them first and then let you know. I know most of the content I have from back then originate from VHS tapes so the quality won't be perfect. Stay tuned.
common era
865 posts

Mar 23, 2019, 12:26
OK, so more by luck than judgement I was able to find the aforementioned dvds this morning. I have created a google sheet that lists everything I have.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hOceCjLvKIJl-ljqrjsu3sZsIyGKNCxzJFuYwxoF0eM/edit?usp=sharing

Few things to note. This is just a chronological list of materials, it is not how they apear on the dvds. Basically the content of the dvds is all over the place, either as whole shows, or as compilation dvds. If you want the Star Test interview for example you will get a copy of everything that is on the disc it appears on. Make sense? Hope so...

Second, I am NOT going to run off mutliple copies of things for everyone who asks. I will do ONE copy and send it out to whoever asks first. From then on it will be up to that person to do copies for anyone else who wants it.

Third. I have not tested any of these dvds to see if they still work. I'm not even sure what region they are as most of them were collected when I lived in Canada. Do they work here in the UK? I simply don't know. It is probably about 15 years since some of these discs have been played and that was in a previous life.

First person to post their email here (you can do so via your screen name I believe) with a request for what they want will get the copy. After that it's up to you so play nicely folks.

A. x
Daniel
277 posts

Mar 23, 2019, 13:57
Hi CE, just saw your post and I'm interested in the TX's Liverpool Pyramid Club and the Brixton Fridge 1990. Don't want to be a nuisance so if you're willing to share it would be great. Thanks
common era
865 posts

Copies
Mar 23, 2019, 14:30
commonera[at]gmail[dot][com]

Send me your address and I'll get them in the post to you as soon as possible.

Please note that I am only doing ONE copy of each thing, so if you want these you have to be prepared to do copies for anyone else who wants these specific things. Is that ok?

I know that the original request came from Tippy Wooder, so if that person still wants the things listed then they too would need to be willing to do copies for others.

I don't have the time/energy/money to be making and sending out multiple copies of things right now. Sorry.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index