Remastered Autogeddon in a fancy box with bonus stuff

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Remastered Autogeddon in a fancy box with bonus stuff
Mar 01, 2019, 11:50
Good luck! :) Reason I'm being cautious is there was an unauthorised reissue of SFA's Rings Around The World planned on coloured double vinyl. The band didn't authorise or endorse it and as a result it got pulled.
sweetfeed
sweetfeed
105 posts

Mar 01, 2019, 12:19
Captain Starlet wrote:
I'm not pre-ordering though, going to wait for a more official announcement. There's been a couple of unauthorised re-issues as of late which haven't been supported or authorised by the artists. Want to make sure before I part with funds.

Yep I'm starting to wonder if it's legit. Seems odd that Autogeddon is the ONLY item on their website too. I wonder what the rights situation is with the Echo albums (was Echo swallowed up by another company?). And did they 'remaster' from the original tapes or have they just EQed a rip of the CD?? Who knows. Maybe someone at HH?
phallus dei
583 posts

Mar 01, 2019, 12:41
Not really sure what the point of this box is. The Peggy and Jehovahkill reissues came with a slew of unreleased tracks. This just repackages stuff most (all?) of us already have. Don't think the album is in particular need of a remaster, either. The new photos and expanded liner notes by Mick Houghton are somewhat enticing, though. If your old copy of Autogeddon is in need of a replacement, getting the 2-CD w/book version might be a good choice. But the box seems like milking the fans.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Mar 01, 2019, 18:05
A bit more info would be good, there's a few other things on their facebook page which has 41 followers unless it's a whole new side project for the main company.

This is 'apparently' their main website which looks legit,

http://www.onceuponlondon.com
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Mar 01, 2019, 18:41
A tiny little part of me died.

Still have the perfectly fine Autogeddon CD. The Paranormal CDEP. The other tracks on the Floored Genius Vol 23.

Horrible.

Pick up a fine 1990s copy of the Cd for £2 on eBay. Blag the rest from any of us here. This isn't needed. By anyone.
Monganaut
Monganaut
2375 posts

Mar 01, 2019, 18:48
Here's a Steve Hillage boxset they put out a while back...seems to have favourable reviews. Website looks like one of those massive media conglomerate corps that cover all bases.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Searching-Spark-Steve-Hillage/dp/B01MDO5Z9K
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Mar 01, 2019, 19:27
Yeah, I saw that's what's offputting as it's kind of two businesses using the same name which doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm sure they're fine, just looks 'odd'
Makkr
307 posts

Mar 01, 2019, 21:46
Wholeheartedly agree with Howburn Digger.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Mar 02, 2019, 05:48
Howburn Digger wrote:
A tiny little part of me died.

Still have the perfectly fine Autogeddon CD. The Paranormal CDEP. The other tracks on the Floored Genius Vol 23.

Horrible.

Pick up a fine 1990s copy of the Cd for £2 on eBay. Blag the rest from any of us here. This isn't needed. By anyone.

"Need" is a highly relative term. Products exist and we buy them based on our wants. No one can truly judge anyone's frivolity over their own.
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Edited Mar 02, 2019, 12:23
Mar 02, 2019, 11:34
Citizensmurf wrote:

"Need" is a highly relative term. Products exist and we buy them based on our wants. No one can truly judge anyone's frivolity over their own.

I wasn't judging anyone. Truly or untruly.

I just think we need to be chopping down fewer trees and creating less future landfill. We all have this stuff. If not- get a copy from eBay for pennies and blag the "rare" stuff from anyone on here.

The school I work in has recently taken to issuing every diner's salad, sauce, coleslaw, carrots and sundry vegetable accompaniments in seperate, individual plastic containers. A colleague arrived with a tray bearing her chips and beef stew (in a polystyrene box) alongside FOUR additional plastic containers (each the size of your fist) bearing her sundry healthy accompaniments. All totally un-necessary. Not needed. Could ALL have been put on a washable plate with a washable spoon. All served and eaten with disposable plastic cutlery.

Part of me died seeing that too. I didn't judge her for the lunch she had bought. It cost her less than £2. What a bargain for us all. The plastic is here forever and no-one charges the canteen a penny for generating it and not dealing with its disposal.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index