Julian Cope presents Head Heritage

Head To Head
Log In
Register
Unsung Forum »
I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Log In to post a reply

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
machineryelf
3679 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 11:18
Lonesome Cowboy Bill wrote:


I was once stung on my finger by an evil wasp at the same time as I was being attacked by a butting deer who was after the french stick poking out my picnic bag. Not a great day.


surely winner of post of the week ;-)

I quite like wasps

http://www.everythingabout.net/articles/biology/animals/arthropods/insects/wasps/nest_building_in_wasps.shtml

that is just a little one, my brother in law had a wasps nest in his house that looked like it had been designed by Roger Dean or Rodney Matthews

http://rjdent.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/d50-matthews_rodney-isof025-safe_and_sound_on_the_sundial1.jpg

so I suspect that on the quiet wasps listen to a lot of prog & nwobhm, probably why most poeople hate them
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8771 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 11:20
cHARLIE wrote:
mojojojo wrote:
I looked at the list and had to look one up to see who he was. Matt Bellamy - Muse?????

x


Muse are the new Queen! Emo music.

(((running fer cover)))


Nothing wrong with Queen :-P Don't know about emo though, sounds like proper ROCK to me. And to the Squidlings. So ner.

Seriously though, Mr Bellamy is a cracking guitarist.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Edited Mar 26, 2010, 11:29
Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 11:29
Squid Tempest wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
"In an interview with Q, Liam said he was on a par with Elvis Presley. "There is Elvis and me. I couldn't say which of the two is best," he said."

One is dead. The other is brain dead. I suppose there is a similarity.


I bet you wouldn't say that to our Kids face! I know I wouldn't, infact I doubt Elvis would if he were alive.


Nah I wouldn't, but I'm a gurly coward! Actually, odd as it may seem I reckon I'd probably get on alright with Liam if I were to meet him in the flesh. Not sure why, just a hunch.


Yeah ... he has a human side, ME THuNks. I don't think he is as thick as people crack him out to be. He is the nearist thing we have to a true 60/70s rock star which is why a like him and he has stage presence way beyond any other mainstream rock stars of today ... i.e. the likes of phoney boy from Cold play or cunt chops bonO, or, or ... who else is there?
Damon Albarn? ...well I Like Damon HE *IS* a CLEVER MAN!

And Gruff Rhys *is* better than any of them!
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 11:31
Squid Tempest wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
mojojojo wrote:
I looked at the list and had to look one up to see who he was. Matt Bellamy - Muse?????

x


Muse are the new Queen! Emo music.

(((running fer cover)))


Nothing wrong with Queen :-P Don't know about emo though, sounds like proper ROCK to me. And to the Squidlings. So ner.

Seriously though, Mr Bellamy is a cracking guitarist.


Yeah I agree he *is* an amazing guitarist and a nice chap. Just not my cup of tea. Good luck to um!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8771 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 11:32
cHARLIE wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
"In an interview with Q, Liam said he was on a par with Elvis Presley. "There is Elvis and me. I couldn't say which of the two is best," he said."

One is dead. The other is brain dead. I suppose there is a similarity.


I bet you wouldn't say that to our Kids face! I know I wouldn't, infact I doubt Elvis would if he were alive.


Nah I wouldn't, but I'm a gurly coward! Actually, odd as it may seem I reckon I'd probably get on alright with Liam if I were to meet him in the flesh. Not sure why, just a hunch.


Yeah ... he has a human side, ME THuNks. I don't think he is as thick as people crack him out to be. He is the nearist thing we have to a true 60/70s rock star which is why a like him and he has stage presence way beyond any other mainstream rock stars of today ... i.e. the likes of phoney boy from Cold play or cunt chops bonO, or, or ... who else is there?
Damon Albarn? ...well I Like Damon HE *IS* a CLEVER MAN!

And Gruff Rhys *is* better than any of them!


Thank Odin for Mr Cope eh?
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 11:37
Squid Tempest wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
Squid Tempest wrote:
"In an interview with Q, Liam said he was on a par with Elvis Presley. "There is Elvis and me. I couldn't say which of the two is best," he said."

One is dead. The other is brain dead. I suppose there is a similarity.


I bet you wouldn't say that to our Kids face! I know I wouldn't, infact I doubt Elvis would if he were alive.


Nah I wouldn't, but I'm a gurly coward! Actually, odd as it may seem I reckon I'd probably get on alright with Liam if I were to meet him in the flesh. Not sure why, just a hunch.


Yeah ... he has a human side, ME THuNks. I don't think he is as thick as people crack him out to be. He is the nearist thing we have to a true 60/70s rock star which is why a like him and he has stage presence way beyond any other mainstream rock stars of today ... i.e. the likes of phoney boy from Cold play or cunt chops bonO, or, or ... who else is there?
Damon Albarn? ...well I Like Damon HE *IS* a CLEVER MAN!

And Gruff Rhys *is* better than any of them!


Thank Odin for Mr Cope eh?


tHANK oDIn FOR our DEAR jUlian ...yes indeed! Well said Sir!
Popel Vooje
5317 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 12:21
cHARLIE wrote:
sanshee wrote:
Hey, I don't mind him.

Don't like his music much, but something about him kinda sweet, in a way.

Not a total bastard, just a bit of a fool at times, think it's good to keep that in perspective.


x



Yep I agree and you have put that rather well. Lets not forget, women seem to fall at his feet regardless of his alpha male bullshit.
He da King of the mOds ...


That's purely because he's famous. The same applies to Robbie Williams, but that doesn't mean he's any good.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 12:30
Popel Vooje wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
sanshee wrote:
Hey, I don't mind him.

Don't like his music much, but something about him kinda sweet, in a way.

Not a total bastard, just a bit of a fool at times, think it's good to keep that in perspective.


x



Yep I agree and you have put that rather well. Lets not forget, women seem to fall at his feet regardless of his alpha male bullshit.
He da King of the mOds ...


That's purely because he's famous. The same applies to Robbie Williams, but that doesn't mean he's any good.


Come now ... Liam puts the girls in a spin. It's those Irish eye brows me thInks. Robbie looks like a little piggy faced twat with worn down teeth from all the cocaine gurning. Put it this way If you, me and Liam were on the pull on a St Peppers lonely night out ...who's gonna get the girl?
keith a
9263 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 12:44
cHARLIE wrote:


Muse are the new Queen!


Absolutely. I remember saying that to a Muse fan years ago and he couldn't see where I was coming from. Interestingly I read or heard an interview with one of Queen where they singled out Muse as a band they liked!

Not really my cup of tea, but I like a few of their records - especially Supermassive Black Hole. Great pop record!

I remember seeing Muse on a kids TV show some years ago, and it was a great performance. I can definitely see why some folk would rave over them.
Bellamy is clearly a good front man. So is Bono. So was Freddie Mercury. You don't have to like their records to realise that, and anyone who says differently is just a snobby twat!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 13:02
That has done nothing to reassure me, nothing whatsoever, in fact I think that process is already well underway. I have to pick you up on one small point though, dog-sized spiders wouldn't REALLY be that cuddly though, would they, I mean the'd have all those eyes and those fangs, and imagine something of that size moving at that speed, unpredictably at that. You've given me nightmares...
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index