Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: I'm glad they cleared that up for us
Mar 26, 2010, 13:10
keith a wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:

Muse are the new Queen!

Absolutely. I remember saying that to a Muse fan years ago and he couldn't see where I was coming from. Interestingly I read or heard an interview with one of Queen where they singled out Muse as a band they liked!

Not really my cup of tea, but I like a few of their records - especially Supermassive Black Hole. Great pop record!

I remember seeing Muse on a kids TV show some years ago, and it was a great performance. I can definitely see why some folk would rave over them.
Bellamy is clearly a good front man. So is Bono. So was Freddie Mercury. You don't have to like their records to realise that, and anyone who says differently is just a snobby twat!

And Muse (apparently) freely admit the Queen influence. There are some fab Queen-style layered vocals on the latest album.
machineryelf
3679 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 13:25
but the eyes would be big and brown and instead of two they'd have eight, it would be like having 4 andrex puppies at once
Dogs are not short on the tooth front either, and cats are just furballs with teeth,fangs and claws, matched pound for pound in a punchup I'd fancy my chances with a spider over a cat or a dog

be warned this image is of a large spider, it's IMHO cute and in keeping with the thread looks as if has ingested a reasonable amount of acid, but still it is a large spider

http://www.saynotocrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/spider2.jpg
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 13:35
Actually that IS a cool shot! And that's from a confirmed arachnophobe! It's the legs though, I don't want to see them magnified, and the way they scuttle around so you never really know where they are, and all that web-spinning business. It's one of the strongest materials in the world apparently, higher tensile strength than steel. Can you imagine it? They'd be spinning trip-wires all over the house! And any creature that ties it's food up than sucks up it's innards alive AIN'T CUTE! Imagine that on a big scale - what a horrible way to go (especially if they were making you listen to Liam Gallagher at the same time...)
machineryelf
3679 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 13:45
Daminxa wrote:
that web-spinning business. It's one of the strongest materials in the world apparently, higher tensile strength than steel. Can you imagine it? They'd be spinning trip-wires all over the house!

aha!! You may have discovered a flaw in my masterplan to replace cats & dogs with domestic spiders.A habit of building sprung steel razor wire traps is probably going to mean that the dogs supremecy is going to remain for now.
back to the drawing board it seems.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Mar 26, 2010, 14:39
Mar 26, 2010, 14:38
I concede that Liam G had something back in the day. But greatest frontman? That's a load of deviled dogs cock that is.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 14:53
Moon Cat wrote:
I concede that Liam G had something back in the day. But greatest frontman? That's a load of deviled dogs cock that is.

Well he did give Elvis some credit as well.
;)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Edited Mar 26, 2010, 15:05
Mar 26, 2010, 15:04
cHARLIE wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
sanshee wrote:
Hey, I don't mind him.

Don't like his music much, but something about him kinda sweet, in a way.

Not a total bastard, just a bit of a fool at times, think it's good to keep that in perspective.

x

Yep I agree and you have put that rather well. Lets not forget, women seem to fall at his feet regardless of his alpha male bullshit.
He da King of the mOds ...

That's purely because he's famous. The same applies to Robbie Williams, but that doesn't mean he's any good.

Come now ... Liam puts the girls in a spin. It's those Irish eye brows me thInks. Robbie looks like a little piggy faced twat with worn down teeth from all the cocaine gurning. Put it this way If you, me and Liam were on the pull on a St Peppers lonely night out ...who's gonna get the girl?

I can't speak for you, but I'm confident I could out-pull him any day if he wasn't famous. It's a futile comparison, because the playing field is unbalanced from the start - celebrities always have a sexual advantage over non-celebs regardless of how ugly or good-looking they are. I think women are attrcated to him because of his money and his status - nothing else.
FOMouse
FOMouse
228 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 15:16
Popel Vooje wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
Popel Vooje wrote:
cHARLIE wrote:
sanshee wrote:
Hey, I don't mind him.

Don't like his music much, but something about him kinda sweet, in a way.

Not a total bastard, just a bit of a fool at times, think it's good to keep that in perspective.

x

Yep I agree and you have put that rather well. Lets not forget, women seem to fall at his feet regardless of his alpha male bullshit.
He da King of the mOds ...

That's purely because he's famous. The same applies to Robbie Williams, but that doesn't mean he's any good.

Come now ... Liam puts the girls in a spin. It's those Irish eye brows me thInks. Robbie looks like a little piggy faced twat with worn down teeth from all the cocaine gurning. Put it this way If you, me and Liam were on the pull on a St Peppers lonely night out ...who's gonna get the girl?

I can't speak for you, but I'm confident I could out-pull him any day if he wasn't famous. It's a futile comparison, because the playing field is unbalanced from the start - celebrities always have a sexual advantage over non-celebs regardless of how ugly or good-looking they are. I think women are attrcated to him because of his money and his status - nothing else.

I am a least a trillion times sexier than that middle-aged, mono-browed monkey-man and he knows it!!!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 15:20
Giant beetles? They're quite cute! A big-ass ladybird or stag beetle; that'd work!
Daminxa
Daminxa
1415 posts

Mar 26, 2010, 15:21
Yes, that's it in a nutshell. I don't HATE Oasis, they're fairly listenable (though the later stuff in particular seems to make a real art-form of utter mediocrity - just my opinion), but no, he's not the world's greatest front man, not by any stretch, not at all.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index