thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Re: The Linguistics of Unsung
Dec 15, 2009, 21:40
Moon Cat wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
Yeah, but KISS's 'Sonic Boom' album is clearly, obviously and recently proven by actual science to be the greatest sound ever recorded in the history of everything ever and as such the new dress code is black spandex catsuits and platform boots. I think most people will be happy with that.

No they won't. It's definitively the case that most people will not be happy with that and also it has been proved by REAL actual science (not your made up nonsense) that Spaztec Kumrag's entire recorded output shits (literally rather than metaphorically) all over KISS's so called greatest sound ever blah blah.

Yours factually,

Dr Science PHD

The Kumrags were the blackest of black metal bands. They even had a limited addition single where the grooves were carved into a sacrificial lamb and you had to play it backwards on your record player whilst wanking into a mirror with the Bible in your hand to hear it. But it did come with a free sew-on patch.

Yes, mine's still sewn into the flesh of my arse all these years later. The record skips a bit now though. And repeated plays were a bit wearing.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:40
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
NO.

Aww. Still, worth a try.

I wouldn't trade even the YardBirds portion of my collection that features Eric, For the entire recorded output of Kraftwerk.
Value wise, from a collectibility standpoint, i'd lose my ass.

Oh well, back to begging on street corners it is then. And I had promised little Timmy that Kraftwerk boxset for Christmas too, looks like he'll be very upset.

S'ok. He's not gonna make it to Christmas anyway.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:43
Moon Cat wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
NO.

Aww. Still, worth a try.

I wouldn't trade even the YardBirds portion of my collection that features Eric, For the entire recorded output of Kraftwerk.

Oh well, back to begging on street corners it is then. And I had promised little Timmy that Kraftwerk boxset for Christmas too, looks like he'll be very upset.

Hooray! Then we can have a really big party after all!
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:43
thesweetcheat wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
NO.

Aww. Still, worth a try.

God Bless us! Everyo......aaacK!
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:46
Moon Cat wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
NO.

Aww. Still, worth a try.

God Bless us! Everyo......aaacK!

Don't need a goose now, either.
Five
Five
960 posts

Dec 16, 2009, 00:47
About half of everyone I know (mostly the half from the Seattle area) thinks I should qualify everything I say with "But that's just what I think..."

The other half (mostly from Vermont, some from Los Angeles) thinks I should say whatever the fuck I want and if people can't deal with it that's clearly their own problem

I would have thought that it was evident that what came out of my mouth represented only my own thoughts

but then again, I am from Vermont originally.

I have no strong desire to irritate anyone

so I try to pay attention to how other people are responding to what I say, and if a disclaimer seems called for, I offer one.

Or I just don't say anything. Sometimes that is easier.

But that's just how I feel about it.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Re: E Prime : RA WIlson
Dec 16, 2009, 10:18
Synchronicity. It was actually remembering/thinking about RAWs writing that made me think of this in the first place.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Dec 16, 2009, 10:19
Thanks Moon Cat. You seem to have grasped what I was trying to get at.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8769 posts

Dec 16, 2009, 10:31
Hah! Can't argue with that!
sanshee
sanshee
1080 posts

Dec 16, 2009, 10:36
The 'objective truth' bit is interesting.

I mean, is it 'safe to say' that *Julian Cope does better music than James Blunt*?

Somehow I think so.

But then again, others wouldn't agree.

But then again, I'd say they don't care about music anyway.

And they're response would be 'horses for courses'.

And that one could go on forever.

All the same, I'd be all predujiced up in finding them somewhat 'musically illiterate' or, soulless, or something.

:-)

x
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index