The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2009, 20:37
Re: The Linguistics of Unsung
Dec 15, 2009, 20:32
dodge one wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
I don't worry too much about it. After a while{for me at least}, you kind of get a feel for who else on the forum has sympatico tastes in music.
I allways appreciate it when people can explain 'WHY' they like or dislike a particular thing or not. Particularly when it's a little more expansive than ''That Sucks" or "It's Feckin' Awesome Dude!"
But would i trade my Clapton collection for the collected works of KraftWerk?
Fuck That!

You gotta laugh. Good old Miles Davis, who's music I love so dearly, was a misogynistic racist of the most offensive order- but nobody says 'Boo'!
Seems moral standards aren't always equal in music world. PC? You couldn't make it up.

Just on a bit more serious a note, i've witnessed much bigotry in my life. And Racism on ocassion. To me there is a difference between those two words. One is a mind-set, and ocassional lapse of sense. Generally a product of up-bringing and environment.
Racism, on the other hand, is far more affronting. To me, that is the actual acting out upon someone for barbaric reasons.
One, is something i can't change and have to live with.
The other is something i won't brook in my presence.
Clapton is FAR from the latter, not so sure about Davis. I don't know much about the guy.

You said it. Miles was more than happy to work with the best 'white' musicians , a la John McLaughlin, who he thoroughly respected. However, he never got beyond leaving the demons behind. Fair enough. Another man's slippers.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:19
Moon Cat wrote:
Yeah, but KISS's 'Sonic Boom' album is clearly, obviously and recently proven by actual science to be the greatest sound ever recorded in the history of everything ever and as such the new dress code is black spandex catsuits and platform boots. I think most people will be happy with that.

No they won't. It's definitively the case that most people will not be happy with that and also it has been proved by REAL actual science (not your made up nonsense) that Spaztec Kumrag's entire recorded output shits (literally rather than metaphorically) all over KISS's so called greatest sound ever blah blah.

Yours factually,

Dr Science PHD
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:22
dodge one wrote:
IBut would i trade my Clapton collection for the collected works of KraftWerk?
Fuck That!

As I don't have a Clapton collection, can I offer to trade yours with someone for the collected works of Kraftwerk? Only a thought...
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:23
NO.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2009, 21:25
Dec 15, 2009, 21:24
thesweetcheat wrote:
Moon Cat wrote:
Yeah, but KISS's 'Sonic Boom' album is clearly, obviously and recently proven by actual science to be the greatest sound ever recorded in the history of everything ever and as such the new dress code is black spandex catsuits and platform boots. I think most people will be happy with that.

No they won't. It's definitively the case that most people will not be happy with that and also it has been proved by REAL actual science (not your made up nonsense) that Spaztec Kumrag's entire recorded output shits (literally rather than metaphorically) all over KISS's so called greatest sound ever blah blah.

Yours factually,

Dr Science PHD

The Kumrags were the blackest of black metal bands. They even had a limited addition single where the grooves were carved into a sacrificial lamb and you had to play it backwards on your record player whilst wanking into a mirror with the Bible in your hand to hear it. But it did come with a free sew-on patch.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Re: E Prime : RA WIlson
Dec 15, 2009, 21:26
That's going to be difficult, isn't it?

Oh shit.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:26
dodge one wrote:
NO.

Aww. Still, worth a try.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:30
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
NO.

Aww. Still, worth a try.

I wouldn't trade even the YardBirds portion of my collection that features Eric, For the entire recorded output of Kraftwerk.
Value wise, from a collectibility standpoint, i'd lose my ass.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 21:37
dodge one wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
NO.

Aww. Still, worth a try.

I wouldn't trade even the YardBirds portion of my collection that features Eric, For the entire recorded output of Kraftwerk.
Value wise, from a collectibility standpoint, i'd lose my ass.

Oh well, back to begging on street corners it is then. And I had promised little Timmy that Kraftwerk boxset for Christmas too, looks like he'll be very upset.
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index