The Linguistics of Unsung

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: E Prime : RA WIlson
Dec 15, 2009, 18:57
IanB wrote:
Tricky. I think the idea is that anything deriving from the verb "To Be" is out. I am not sure he had thought about the implication using verbs as adjectives!

Well, he should have! \m/
Lord Lucan
Lord Lucan
2702 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 19:01
Eric Clapton, forsooth, scientifically proven shite of top grade putrescence.

Yeah, I like it. Problem solved.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Re: The Linguistics of Unsung
Dec 15, 2009, 19:10
dodge one wrote:
I don't worry too much about it. After a while{for me at least}, you kind of get a feel for who else on the forum has sympatico tastes in music.
I allways appreciate it when people can explain 'WHY' they like or dislike a particular thing or not. Particularly when it's a little more expansive than ''That Sucks" or "It's Feckin' Awesome Dude!"
But would i trade my Clapton collection for the collected works of KraftWerk?
Fuck That!

You gotta laugh. Good old Miles Davis, who's music I love so dearly, was a misogynistic racist of the most offensive order- but nobody says 'Boo'!
Seems moral standards aren't always equal in music world. PC? You couldn't make it up.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 19:12
Lord Lucan wrote:
Doesn't bother me if someone states that something is the best thing since sliced bread as if it's fact, because it's obvious it's just an opinion, innit?

What if you think sliced bread is overrated though? What then? WHAT THEN?!
stray
stray
2057 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2009, 19:15
Dec 15, 2009, 19:15
http://i50.tinypic.com/2vil1c3.gif

Chomsky is amused.
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 19:15
But we all know Clapton was a racist, now don't we?
dodge one
dodge one
1242 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 19:25
The Sea Cat wrote:
dodge one wrote:
I don't worry too much about it. After a while{for me at least}, you kind of get a feel for who else on the forum has sympatico tastes in music.
I allways appreciate it when people can explain 'WHY' they like or dislike a particular thing or not. Particularly when it's a little more expansive than ''That Sucks" or "It's Feckin' Awesome Dude!"
But would i trade my Clapton collection for the collected works of KraftWerk?
Fuck That!

You gotta laugh. Good old Miles Davis, who's music I love so dearly, was a misogynistic racist of the most offensive order- but nobody says 'Boo'!
Seems moral standards aren't always equal in music world. PC? You couldn't make it up.

Just on a bit more serious a note, i've witnessed much bigotry in my life. And Racism on ocassion. To me there is a difference between those two words. One is a mind-set, and ocassional lapse of sense. Generally a product of up-bringing and environment.
Racism, on the other hand, is far more affronting. To me, that is the actual acting out upon someone for barbaric reasons.
One, is something i can't change and have to live with.
The other is something i won't brook in my presence.
Clapton is FAR from the latter, not so sure about Davis. I don't know much about the guy.
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 19:42
You've reiterated the point I was trying to make make with far more effort and clarification. Exactly Dodge.Nice one. Mrs Cravatt's bothering me re. disc again. I might be some time.
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Edited Dec 15, 2009, 20:05
Dec 15, 2009, 20:04
Nice but I am not sure they ever used forsooth much in Santa Cruz...

Maybe Logic exercises here ....

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8637626435677975226#
IanB
IanB
6761 posts

Dec 15, 2009, 20:06
Moon Cat wrote:
IanB wrote:
Tricky. I think the idea is that anything deriving from the verb "To Be" is out. I am not sure he had thought about the implication using verbs as adjectives!

Well, he should have! m/

Especially living in California!
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index