Negative Reviews

Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Shrimp
Shrimp
1118 posts

Re: Further thoughts
Jul 11, 2004, 08:39
i was talking here in general in respect of unsung posts - most of which i consider should be posted on the discussion board and not unsung - for the record though the elp post would have been better on the thread board n then it could have been lost amongst the dregs at a later date
gorseddphungus
185 posts

Re: Can of Worms
Jul 11, 2004, 08:42
actually, no, madonna's latest album is even more unsung to people here so why not post a review
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

ELP/Hendrix
Jul 11, 2004, 08:47
There's some story about HEndrix thinking about expanding his band to include ELP just before he died (I think) . So they can't be out and out naff right through their work.
I think there will be a lot lost if these reviews arte over policed. Why will people submit reviews if there is a heavy chance that they will be removed?
Think I may have said that earlier, but until you take it on i think I'll keep repeating myself
Stevo
Stevo
Stevo
6664 posts

Re: Further thoughts
Jul 11, 2004, 08:48
I don't agree, keep it where it was posted
Clark Gwent
68 posts

Re: PSB classy pop band
Jul 11, 2004, 09:02
It is a fact universally acknowledged that the eighties were the shitest decade for chartpop since chartpop began so "one of the greatet pop bands of the eighties" is damning with faint praise!
gorseddphungus
185 posts

Re: Sung/Unsung?
Jul 11, 2004, 09:13
'I thought it made a change from a lot of the pretentious "I-like-more-obscure-music-than-you" bollocks spouted here from time to time'

that's just so ridiculous and childish. sounds like it hurts you that people are into bands you have never heard of...

you seem to be laughing at the original objective of this forum (at the front of this site) "you want to learn share your knowledge about obscure and lost r'n'r"; if you dont like it, why not create your own site to review your favourite pop bands?

I have never heared of say suede but I have no problems with you mentioning them. they are completely unknown to me. you know as well as i do that what you consider obscure may be pretty common in other people's listening or purchasing habits. I do not know who suede are because (sorry) i tend to get/buy records from people who like the kind of music i like, I have no time to watch the TV or read the NME, you may say that is because I choose not to and deliberately be 'obscure', but other people choose TO. does this make me pedantic? I always thought what me and millions of others are into was never obscure, it always depends on your taste. and yes, the PSBs are 'unsung' for me and potentially a band to read about but so are bavarian yodelling bands for you, should I reviews those too?

There must be a limit somewhere and it is up to the administrator of this site to set it without letting the freedom get lost. No other site that i know has the freedom to talk about anything, but would people object to my reviewing barry manilow? many may say no problem, but this site is limited and one needs to be reminded from time to time where the limits lie or if there are any to consider. remember this site is the most tolerant place on the web to post reviews, a bit of reminding what the aims are is always a good thing
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Jul 11, 2004, 09:25
Im sorry but isn't there a music site with a forum that is provided for by someone who had chart hits when in a band in the early 80s and who had at least one top 20 during 1986 (that year was the nadir of chartpop). Even in those dark days there was pearls cast before swine.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: Negative Reviews
Jul 11, 2004, 09:36
Yeah, I've seen that blog and it's pretty funny. In fact, looking at the two arfanaardvark reveiws that are still there, I can't help wondering if it's him because the style of writing (gratuitous abuse which borders on the psychotic) is so similar to Mr.Agreeable. Then again, if he's a professional music journo with his own blog and gets paid to do what he does, would he post here? Probably not...
Noah Vale
Noah Vale
299 posts

Re: Negative Reviews
Jul 11, 2004, 09:38
The PSB's themselves are not Unsung. They are a fading mainstream pop band. They may have hidden depth to their music (I don't know cos I'm not a fan)

I'm sure some of the music that influenced them IS Unsung however.
Clark Gwent
68 posts

Jul 11, 2004, 09:52
Er.....the exception that proves the rule?!
Pages: 22 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index