Unsung Forum »
ELP Review!

107 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Time Meddler
Jul 10, 2004, 23:58
I can't help but think of a very early Dr Who adventure called The Time Meddler. In which The Doctor (William Hartnell) faces another renegade Time Lord who is the time meddler. This adversairy used to try and alter time in a way he sought fit. I can't quite remeber the details but he would alter history so that say someone else would be king. This wouldn't be done out of malice but out of a geniune desire to see someone else during the mediaevil power struggles become king - as he honestly thought they would make a good king.

If I had a Tardis I would transport through time and maybe space modern sampling technolgy to ELP. It's just that if ELP were more loop based rather than lots of prog classical noodling they would have been so much better. They could of built geniunely good tunes out of the odd few seconds of good music in their 20 minute suites.

But would this advanced technology be to great for Keith and the po-faced boys. Would they be so well equiped that they would rule the world? Would Greg have so much power that he would fill out his trousers even more?

Maybe ELP didn't need advanced technology from 30 years in the future. Maybe they needed that liitle French something or other or even a Mojo.

Maybe if Greg, Keith and Carl truly had their Mojo working they would have have been the greatest band of all time. But they are not, but maybe they are due something for being one of the greatest musical f*ck ups of all time.

On another Dr Who note, in Gensis of The Daleks, The Doctor (Tom Baker) is given an oppourtunity by the Time Lord high council to wipe out The Daleks from the history of the universe, by going back to their very creation. But Tom (the dude that he is) bottles it at the last minute as he see's that out of the evil of the daleks will come a geat good. Tom was so wise. maybe out of the evil of ELP the good of punk came.

Also talking of altering the history of events. Wasn't Hendrix supposed to be planning to team up with ELP before his demise. So Jimmy thought ELP were the only people good enough to back him. Maybe I could go back in time and prevent Jimmy from choking on his vomit and HELP would have been formed. Would Hendrix's infleunce have made HELP one of the truly great band's of all time? or had he already lost it on drugs and his judgement was impaired when he agreed to work with those three.

MB

(Terminal Geek, more of a Dr Who fan than an ELP fan)
Topic Outline:

Unsung Forum Index