Ignore the hype - The Darkness SUCK.

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

It's only rock 'n' roll.
Feb 25, 2004, 12:50
As Frank Zappa said "It's not a matter of life & death - it's much more important than that"

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-13001288,00.html

(BTW - I know that quote is misquoted and misattributed)
neighbourofthedrude
neighbourofthedrude
1555 posts

My opinion..
Feb 25, 2004, 13:02
..if you want it.
My kids love Busted and The Darkness.
Because of Busted, my Oldest Little Dude is having guitar lessons and is in the process of starting a band with his mates. He's 10 and realises that if he works hard at his music lessons,he could be on TOTP by the time he is 17,-like Busted.

My Little Farty Dude loves The Darkness because Justin wears a tiara like his mum and they swear..um..like his mum !

8o)
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: It's only rock 'n' roll.
Feb 25, 2004, 13:03
He looks just like David Coverdale!
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: My opinion..
Feb 25, 2004, 13:11
and why not. kids are great arn't they? less predjudices and preconceptions than us hoary old folk. I figure if the Darkness make even one kid happy they are worthwhile. those of us who aren't that keen can just ignore can't we?
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

Re: It's only rock 'n' roll.
Feb 25, 2004, 13:14
>http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30500-13001288,00.html

Damn right it's not worth it.
Bess Keloid
Bess Keloid
348 posts

Feb 25, 2004, 13:16
I put the last Killing Joke album on when my 3 year old cousin James was in the room, & he was bouncing around & throwing his fists in the air. Ace.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Feb 25, 2004, 13:20
The Squidlings have been known to shake a leg to Captain Beefheart! Ahh, the pleasures of introducing the young to music! They'll go all teeny on us at some point though I'm sure...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Feb 25, 2004, 14:35
Reminds me of when my hippie aunt introduced me to the Beatles back when I was three. I haven't really introduced my four nephews to my music yet, although their father is a big jazz fan...
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Feb 25, 2004, 14:40
The Beatles are Will Squidlings absolute favourite. If I don't play him at least one Beatles track a night he goes all sulky! He did a brilliant drawing of them too, which is up on his bedroom wall. Little stick figures with guitars, drummer at the back, mops of hair, and a speach bubble from one reading "Come on! Come on!", oh and "Beatles" written on the bass drum...
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Little boys e'h...
Feb 25, 2004, 15:43
....Yea I know what yer mean there Squid my little lad still harks on about John and ringo...but He has lately been getting into skateboarding and tony hawk base ball hats.....and I caught him listening to motor head and kiss on that new tony hawks p2 game!
Gad he will be wearing those dum ass jeans that don't fit properly with a long chain hanging from one leg soon . <sigh> Bless um e'h.
I must have more children some time hmmmmm.
Yali*
p.s......he thinks J.cope is a nutter <awwwww>
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index