Register
Unsung Forum »
Ignore the hype - The Darkness SUCK.

Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Re: Ignore the hype - The Darkness SUCK.
Feb 25, 2004, 21:31
NO NO NO! Everyone here should be straight about what they like. Who cares if we don't agree - we never will, and that's half the fun of it. Just nobody get too personal or aggresive and we'll all be fine. For crying out loud, if the obscurists rule the roost what a yawn this place would be. Dunno if obscurists really describes what I mean*, I really mean those who put down others tastes. We're all so bloody different - that's the fun bit!

Peace and Noise!
Squid
x

* in fact, that term is complete shite, just there as a made up word to describe anyone who can't tolerate the opinion of others
amazon
amazon
959 posts

Re: Yawn... boring groaning old farts SUCK!
Feb 25, 2004, 21:43
No chance. I would hate to be famous; it's not my goal at all.
keith a
9573 posts

Re: My opinion..
Feb 26, 2004, 12:41
my 5 yr old loves Don't Let Me Down. Sings it very well!
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Feb 26, 2004, 15:19
I appreciate the sentiment, Squid, but I'm going to keep my head down.
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Feb 26, 2004, 15:25
I'm not! I'm going to stick my ugly mug right over the flippin parapet. Anyone takes any potshots I'll give them my very best dirty look. That'll learn em.
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Greetings from Pedantry Corner...
Feb 26, 2004, 17:17
Think the word you mean is obscurantist, Squid old chap, although I'm not entirely sure. Obscurantist pretty much means an elitist snob who considers their tastes superior to those of others with more populist leanings, purely because they're more esoteric and off the beaten track.

Apologies for having swallowed both a dictionary and a thesaurus, but my excuse is that I was force-fed them both whilst studying English at Uni. As far as I know, no one has yet invented a drug which cleanses your system of gratuitous verbosity (aargh!)
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: Greetings from Pedantry Corner...
Feb 26, 2004, 18:22
Yew shure speak purty fer a fella

'-)
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Re: Greetings from Pedantry Corner...
Feb 26, 2004, 18:37