Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: naaah
Nov 25, 2003, 16:21
You've just reminded me of a line from a sitcom:

"For like the flowers of spring they are bursting loose"

Anyone remember what it was called? Written by Ben Elton. Starred Ade Edmondson as a bloke trying to bring his sisters back together; who were all played by Jennifer Saunders.

The joke being you catch that line from the bloke running the commune and she asks him to explain his poem. He says it means he wants to go to bed with her. She shakes her head confusedly "nope, still don't get it". Eventually he reads it again:

I want to go to bed with you
I want to go to bed with you
Please undo my trousers
For like the flowers...
Neilneil
23 posts

Re: Some Girls
Nov 25, 2003, 16:24
Several good uns on there Heartbreaker, Star Star
(Starf****r) and Silver Train for instance.
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 16:28
Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!
Neilneil
23 posts

Re: Worst albums by best bands
Nov 25, 2003, 16:29
Emotional Rescue was made up from out -takes from previous album sessions and it sounds it,.
Metalpub
130 posts

Re: Worst worst worst worst
Nov 25, 2003, 17:33
I love Vintage Violence, its my favourite Cale album. Why does no one else give a toss about it, it never gets mentioned?

Cale has made a few stinkers in his time, that one with Bob Neuwirth was crap. And so was Artifical Intelligence. And so was Walking on Locusts. And that new one isn't exactly brilliant.

True Stories by Talking Heads. What a load of shit.
PaulB
188 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 17:58
Crikey - it must have been an old gig then! I can't remember seeing the Bunnymen in Bristol. Plus, Bruce doesn't dance as that would affect his recording the gig ;)

Anyway, there's a thread on the Screaming Secrets forum arguing who's better: Copey or Mac. Which side do you fall on then Nat? Eh? EH?
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 18:33
I quite like Vintage Violenmce as well if only for Gideon's Bible,but there's a number of other good tracks as well and I like the whole 'vibe' of VV and most early Cale

I've heard some good things about the new Cale,but not heard anything from it or the previous ep

He's up there as one of my favorite 'voices'
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 18:42
Think it was called Happy Families?
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 18:46
I thought Flowers, whilst not up there with the Bunnygreats, was a distinct improvement on What Are You Gonna do...
At least it sounded more like the Bunnymen than another of Mac's "I'm a crooner me" solo stuff.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 20:10
"Amsterdam" may be my favourite Cale song.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index