Worst albums by best bands

Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Re: Some Girls
Nov 25, 2003, 13:24
Just re-discovered this one as well...suprisingly good and has held up really well over the years
..listening to it,I realized that *every* track got radio play around here when the album first came out...even Faraway Eyes
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 13:32
I never owned Goatshead Soup... I think Angie put me off. I may have it on tape somewhere... I'll have to dig it out n' give it a listen again.
CraigR
CraigR
479 posts

Re: Worst albums by best bands
Nov 25, 2003, 13:41
RE - Cut the crap.

Makes me cry that such a band could produce this wank. I know they had split and its just Joe, but that makes it worse.

A truely terrible record.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 13:52
Yeah, but their attempts at disco were interesting. I think their worst was Go To Heaven. Unlistenable!
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 13:55
Have you seen the promo video for Faraway Eyes? A timeless classic ;-)

It made a convert to the Stones of a friend of mine who said "All this time and I didn't realise they were just taking the piss!"
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 14:01
Listen to the lyrics to Respectable... they were takin' the piss OK!
MonkeyBoy
1008 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 14:18
Guru Guru - Guru Guru. Would have been excellent if they had just pressed side 2 as an EP. Side 1 has my fingers over my face.

New Order - Republic. Starts off good, gets worse and after a few songs it sucks & blows at the same time.
Kozmik_Ken
Kozmik_Ken
829 posts

Re: Worst albums by worst bands
Nov 25, 2003, 14:39
I'd like to register my complete and total hatred of Bat Out of Hell. Words alone cannot describe the utter contempt I feel for that record.

Someone once gave it to me when I was about 14... I listened to one track, skipped thru' the rest of side one, put it back in it's sleeve n' marched it back round to their house.

When I got a little older n' started going to pubs, it was always the token 'Rock' track played by any DJ/Juke Box... even rock pubs played it!!! Then people discovered MDMA, cheered up a bit n' I thought that was the end of awful, pompous, over-dramatic rock.... until Saturday! Went for a drink with the Mrs to a local around the corner n' sat quite happily for a while... until horror of horrors, on came that awful keyboard intro. N' I thought I'd never have to leave a pub again 'cos of 'that' song! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!! And just when you think it's gonna finish, on it drones for another half an hour... sucking the very oxygen from your lungs.

There... I've got that off my chest now. Thanks...
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 15:04
It pretty much was -- I don't think it's listed in the discography included in the CLASH ON BROADWAY box. They certainly didn't include any tracks from it.
Glam Descendant
1539 posts

Nov 25, 2003, 15:10
I'll voice another word of support for EMOTIONAL RESCUE -- very loose, off-the-cuff but funky Stones. Not overly processed.

DIRTY WORK is a whole 'nother story. That album had so much working against it: death of Ian Stewart, Charlie's surprising newfound fondness for smack, Steve Lillywhite, and of course the battle of the egos. Came out much better than really could be expected. In fact I'd probably choose it over STEEL WHEELS at this point.
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index