Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cancer boy
cancer boy
977 posts

He's right you know
Aug 03, 2003, 21:08
>no one is legally obliged to read it or indeed act
>upon it

What, you mean I spent all that money for nothing? D'oh!

:D

Anyhoo, I hope the ta-ta at the end wasn't indicating you're leaving permanently!
Dwight Fried
543 posts

Re: August Album of the Month
Aug 03, 2003, 21:41
You know, the first Montrose LP was AOTM back in January 2001 CE. Did anyone make a big fuss over that? Same thing really.
All together now:
'YOU'RE ROCK CANDY BAYBEE-HARD, SWEET AND STICKAAYYYY!'
a23
a23
1004 posts

Re: August Album of the Month
Aug 03, 2003, 22:06
I seem to remember it getting a mild slagging from some at the time. But there weren't very many peeps here in them days - and heated slaggings hadn't really begun - all a bit sterile really...

I read thru this thread this morning and I feel a bit confused. I can't say I dig Van Halen and I don't reckon listening to them after reading the review will change that. That's been the same with some other AOTM - eg Khanate. On the other hand, some of Cope's reviews have made me reevalute albums/bands I'd not properly given time to before, and many have opened doors into new and exciting places which have been well worthwhile (if kinda expensive).
I think that's how most people here regard it - maybe there isn't as much discussion of the AOTM as there might be, and that might be a reason for some of Chris/Holy's pissed-offness.
The last one that generated a lot of post was Pawn Hearts, which a lot of people were already familiar with -I dunno how many people go out and find the record after it becomes AOTM. Maybe bands like Van Halen are easy targets cos we all know of them and therefore have a ready made opinion on their "type"

I guess I'm always happy to see what's gonna come up each month - though not always happy to like it. Looking at the last 3 years worth of reviews, it is a pretty eclectic mix and no-one is gonna dig everything there.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Ok..I'm REEEALLY SORRY
Aug 03, 2003, 22:14
being accused of being negative by mr miserable himself isn't that much of a bother either. I don't expect that being told to fuck off by me should actually bother someone, I'm glad it didnt.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Ok..I'm REEEALLY SORRY
Aug 03, 2003, 22:22
Oh. And my ego isnt quite that large moonie, you've never met me and cant judge me from my posts here. elements of my music taste has been slagged off here on a few occasions and I didnt get upset by it, its how this place works after all.

I actually very rarely attack anyone, you do me a disservice there. Sure, I'll defend myself. I've only ever bitcherd in jest, unlike yo guys I'm not that insecure that I take peoples posts to a froum so dman seriously. And I will defend myself, especially when the webmaster has turned into a dickhead troll.

Look at this thread, he started the flame war here, this thread would have died naturally if he hadn't waded in. If you want to talk about someone with a holier than thou attitude check out holy. He couldn't even maintain a rational argument ffs, he changed his reasons for starting the flaming three times in his discussion with me. Eventually backing down with a witless 'well thats ok then'. He made it clear that he's embarassed by the content we provide to his glorious site, both this one and the TMA. so, fucking do it Mr holy, write a terms of service and use so we know where we actually stand and ban the people who upset you so. Oh, and employ some volunteer moderators, you've proved in this thread you're not consistent enough to be able to do that yourself.

Sure, you probably guessed, I'm leaving this forum. Whats the fucking point of dealing with bigots who wear a thin veneer of tolerance. And moonie, settled down and smile ffs, check your average posts with mine, try scoring up the negativity. And what, you could insult me without me replying ? well, yeah, that seems to be the way most of you reactionary cunts like it here. I've gone ta-ta.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Last message . The point.
Aug 03, 2003, 22:32
Peoples taste in music is a personal thing. If you can't handle people saying what you like is shit, then don't fucking write reviews. You can hate everything I like, doesn't bother me. I'm sure the fact that a few people here fucking abhor Van Halen and cock rock in general isnt going to bother JC much. As holy said, he never,ever reads the forums anyway. So what was holy fucking doing starting all this ? doesn't make sense does it. Unless maybe he's using these sites as part of his CV for some nice job, and our content is fucking up his chances. Who can say ? He says he doesnt know why we use the forums, and yet doesnt give us his way of using them.

THIS WAS THE FUCKING point of the argument here for me. Do we have free speech here, or are all negative comments about a band or piece of music going to be modded out of existance in future ? don't care, am off, just reckon shifting the blame for this on myself and murray is a tad shortsighted considering all the shit thats been thrown about here, a lot of the threads I wouldn't take part in because they were.. well.. sad and hateful.

I've never posted to an alubm of the month thread before, ever, because I've never had anything good to say about the saud album. So, as that is usually the case I STFU. But I dunno, I felt like supporting Murray in his opinion as did other laters in the thread. Why dont you fucking lay into them too ?

What bugged Holy so it seems was a joke about 'mid life crisis' or did he change his mind, cant be arsed to read it again. maybe he's having his own mid life crisis.
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Last message . The point. +
Aug 03, 2003, 23:19
If thats what you want then fine. If you can't see the contradiction in what you've said and your initial posts on this thread then, y'know....whatever. But as ever, it's do as I Stray not as I do.
You play the "you don't know me...neve met etc" card again...but you don't know me, you really, really don't . But course...we are all "reactionary cunts" aahh yess. so that doesn't count does it?

You know what? Good luck!

course you aint gonna read this so lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala obbly obbly obbly obbly obbly Phrrrttt!!! ( 8^(p) blah blah blah oooh up yer jumper right up yer Arse ooh up yer jumper ding ding 'ave a banana. splingsplongsplang
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Gentlemen...
Aug 03, 2003, 23:41
time please!

Or did Stray's ice cream drop off his cone?

You are GROWN MEN!

Moon Cat, put yr tongue away, and Stary, stop being a primadonna and threatening to flounce off. It's not big or clever suggesting that this forum isn't to be taken seriously one one hand, and then on the other hand doing a cyber-flounce that was so poor I can see P G Wodehouse sobbing and donning a shell suit in mourning.

Onwards and upwards!

or as the ShaMAN says:

I get up,
And nothin' gets me down
You got it tough,
I've seen the toughest around
And I know
Baby just how you feel
You've got to ro-o-oll with the punches and get to what's real

wooohooo! x
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Gentlemen...
Aug 03, 2003, 23:43
( ;^(*) hahah
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Gentle cuz
Aug 03, 2003, 23:51
Grown men?!

Speak fer yerself nobblybobble. I am a pansexual EYE Liner...so no wonder I like Van Helsing! Or Do I?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index