Never Mind The Darkness, it's Van Halen with "Atomic Punks"
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung/albumofthemonth/

Holes
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Missing Graphic?
Aug 01, 2003, 12:32
is the graphic missing for the sleeve of Van Halen II Holes? Or is it just my PC?
Murray
191 posts

Re: Missing Graphic?
Aug 01, 2003, 13:09
Its just taking the piss now - Van fucking Halen?????? Fucking hell...Jules is a metal gimp. Go to hell Cope
Squid Tempest
Squid Tempest
8761 posts

Aha!
Aug 01, 2003, 13:40
It's there now. Ta holes (assuming it was you and not my PC)!
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Aug 01, 2003, 13:43
Nice.
Tell you what, you go to hell first and write and tell us what it's like. I'll pass the message on to Julian and if it sounds nice, maybe he'll join you.
Murray
191 posts

Aug 01, 2003, 14:27
Please DO tell the man my thoughts! Tho, don't tell me he thinks that the first 4 Van Halen albums are classics? This is guitar wank at its worst. Well, i'm sure Jules will love it in hell, seeing as Van Halen, Judas Priest and all the other shite he's been championing recently, were all obsessed with the place - didn't the devil have all the best tunes??????? What's he gonna 'big up' next, Poison?? Warrant? Or how about The Quireboys????
stray
stray
2057 posts

Aug 01, 2003, 14:47
nah maan.. It has to be 'Saxon' who can doubt the genius of their '747' track. Or Boston, woohoo, you have to respect a band that took nigh on two decades to record their third album.
Note to all rock bands : If your masters get destroyed during the recording process it's Gods way of saying PLEASE SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Actually I reckon he's going to champion Kiss next. Kiss btw now do corporate gigs for management consultancies. 'WOO THERE SUITS!! TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT ROCKS!. OUR MISSION STATEMENT IS TO ROCK!'

Seriously though I'm with you Murray, this stuff is shite, and doesn't age well. There is nothing interesting in 'cock rock' which is all this shite is. (As Jello sez 'its like a bad laxative, it just don't move me u know'). And it is a tad misogynistic, hows the geezer managing to square that one away.

Reckon these recent 'albums of the month' all points towards a hideous midl life crisis meself.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Aug 01, 2003, 15:12
AND.. AND... I'm not rewarding any fucking artist that doesnt try to 'step outside their metaphor'
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Re: August Album of the Month
Aug 01, 2003, 19:24
To be honest, apart from "Jump" and "Why Can't This Be Love" I'v heard f*** all by Van Halen, so I'm not going to comment. I do know that one Yorkiebluebird will be v.pleased by this review, though, as he's been championing VH on this site for ages now and I could never tell whether he was on a wind-up mission or not. Now I'm going to start my one-man campaign to rehabilitate the Lyndsay Buckingham-period Fleetwood Mac albums.
Andy Strain
72 posts

Missing graphic?
Aug 01, 2003, 20:00
Murray is quite out of touch for this site. I was attracted to it by rock not fashion statements like Incredible String Manand Dexy revival, but I agree Julian's review didn't understand any of my Van Halen fans, if that 's who he aimed for.
Pages: 12 – [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index