Topic View: Flat | Threaded
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Jul 16, 2020, 00:15
Re: Who thinks
Jul 16, 2020, 00:14
nigelswift wrote:
I share your feeling that somethings going on, but not the stuff that bloke on the video says (didn't watch it but have seen his views before). I think the latest delay is the damn Tories doing a favour for their pals in Big Retail (just like they locked down too late and unlocked too early as a favour to their pals in industry).

We ARE losing freedoms, because a horrible self-serving gang has got hold of the strategic high ground.

And they got (or held onto) power because of the insane 'negotiate a new deal with the EU and then campaign against it in a second referendum campaign' idiocy you and your fellow travellers foisted on Corbyn. As well as a vicious and deceitful anti-semitism campaign supported by cowards and liars like BBC, C4 / The Guardian.
Try to take some responsibility for your actions and their consequences, genius.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 16, 2020, 08:50
Well, all I ever did was beg the Labour Party to be pro-Remain, resigned when Corbyn wouldn't, and continued to support Remain ever since. Not sure how that prompts such a nasty attack on me and not particularly keen for you to explain.
Amil04
447 posts

Jul 17, 2020, 21:02
Who mentioned the EU?

(Bloody hell, done it again..)

We’ll have not of that here!!
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Jul 19, 2020, 01:44
Jul 19, 2020, 01:21
Think you may be starting to get why putting the EU before Corbyn's essential policies on benefits, the disabled, nationalisation (which is not permitted under the EU's neoliberal rules on competition), and defending the weakest and poorest in our country was criminally ill advised.

You clearly hold the UK working class in utter contempt, and make that clear in every despicable post you make.

You won't get to post on this forum unopposed whilst I have the breath to point out your folly.

"When observing the popular protests against the European Union's handling of the recent (2008 onwards) financial and sovereign debt crises, whether in Portugal, Ireland, or Greece, what many people in the streets objected to was not only the EU's perceived lack of democracy that manifested in them feeling as if having no impact on their own faith. They also often opposed the European Union's neoliberal character, whether real or perceived. What, then, is this idea of a European neoliberal governmentality, and is the EU really a neoliberal project? Furthermore, how has this transformed the nation state on top of those changes?

The European integration project was a political one in essence, though the mechanism of building an ever closer union was an economic one. Thus, the origins of the EU's neoliberalism go back to the global economic crisis in the 1970s. The global response to this was to open up and deepen markets around the globe, which increasingly came to shape also European integration, particularly from the 1980s onwards. Both the completion of a single European market and the introduction of the economic and monetary union which saw the introduction of the Euro were informed by the neoliberal logic of market competition.

Over time, the EU's financial markets were integrated, and the individual nation states were left to increasingly compete for investment by large, transnational, industrial corporations. Among the many ways for those nation states to ensure that they would be at the winning side of this competition was to cut labour costs, decrease corporate taxes, or compromise on standards such as safety or environmental ones. However, according to opponents of this neoliberal character of the European Union, the real winner of this competition was transnational capital, as it managed to transform itself from an economic force to a political one. In essence, a relatively coherent and well-organized transnational corporate elite began to set the European agenda and shape European policy-making.

By doing so, neoliberalism is often seen as posing a threat to the traditional understanding of nation states as it impacts national values and institutions. Though this neoliberalism of the European integration project is seen as troublesome by many Europeans, it has been clear long before the more recent protests in the countries worst hit by the Euro crisis. It is argued that neoliberalism's potential to further erode the remaining powers of the nation state to provide its population with security, welfare, and decent living conditions stood behind the French rejecting the Lisbon treaty establishing a constitution for Europe in 2005*."

Dr Marek Neuman
History and Theory of European Integration - Faculty Board
Groningen
The Netherlands

"Although this rejection and the similar vote in the Dutch referendum seriously damaged the Constitution, subsequent EU Presidency holders vowed to keep it going.

Nicolas Sarkozy was elected President of the French Republic in May 2007. Amongst his pledges was a re-negotiation and ratification of a mini-treaty without a referendum. Eventually, the new version of the text, the Lisbon Treaty, was voted by the French Parliament." - wikipedia

The only conclusion, democracy is hated by our EU overlords. Neoliberalism, market forces and globalisation are their only gods.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Jul 19, 2020, 09:45
Jul 19, 2020, 07:23
thispoison wrote:

"every despicable post you make".

And all because, like a majority of the electorate, I knew Corbyn was totally unelectable and, like a large minority, that Brexit would be an economic and social disaster which would cause great suffering mainly to those who voted for it. I wonder which of us REALLY cared about the working class?

Anyway, if you're going to stalk me here and put me right on each occasion at the lengths you just have, and so very unpleasantly, then fine, it's a forum, but nothing you will ever say will disguise the evidence, day after day for many years of the utter disaster the Brexit vote is bringing especially to the poorest. We shall see, won't we, which country will have the most money to spend on the poor in the next decades - France, Holland, Belgium, Austria, Germany - or Britain! So fill your boots about me, most people will ignore someone so patently nasty.
thispoison
thispoison
253 posts

Edited Jul 26, 2020, 05:33
Jul 26, 2020, 00:20
nigelswift wrote:
thispoison wrote:

"every despicable post you make".

And all because, like a majority of the electorate, I knew Corbyn was totally unelectable and, like a large minority, that Brexit would be an economic and social disaster which would cause great suffering mainly to those who voted for it. I wonder which of us REALLY cared about the working class?

Anyway, if you're going to stalk me here and put me right on each occasion at the lengths you just have, and so very unpleasantly, then fine, it's a forum, but nothing you will ever say will disguise the evidence, day after day for many years of the utter disaster the Brexit vote is bringing especially to the poorest. We shall see, won't we, which country will have the most money to spend on the poor in the next decades - France, Holland, Belgium, Austria, Germany - or Britain! So fill your boots about me, most people will ignore someone so patently nasty.

Typical of your kind. Ignore the substantive points you don't have the knowledge to challenge, and home in on the perceived insult. You clearly live in a fantasy world, where your views are never questioned, and you never take responsibility for your actions.

Corbyn WAS electable. He proved that in 2017 when he came within 2,227 votes of forming a progressive coalition, despite all the brickbats and lies thrown at him by the media and enablers like you.

Enjoy your Guardian, your BBC, your Channel 4. And your pathetic Blairite coward, Keir Starmer. Last seen handing out damages to Labour party workers openly working to ensure Corbyn was never elected. Or didn't you see that report either?

You and your like will never get anywhere, while you treat the majority of your country like scum. People dont like to be called idiots and racists for having a different political opinion. Weird, I know.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 26, 2020, 10:30
"When compared to Corbyn, Starmer is seen as universally more appealing to both Labour voters and general voters, by both the general public and Labour voters themselves." - [You Gov]

But I've done with this now. Finis.
Yorkshirepedestrian
Yorkshirepedestrian
81 posts

Oct 03, 2020, 00:13
A scam? Depends what you mean.
I think we all should be extremely worried by the fact that the tories have passed the most oppressive law in our history.
If it's not a scam then it is a low-consequence disease which is not an existential threat to our existence and DOES NOT warrant such authoritarianism.
In Jan 2018 more people died of a virulent flu epidemic than died in a month at the height of this current one.
Did you all start asocial distancing, performing the holy sacrament before shopping, donning masks etc?
I've been an anarchist for around 30 years and I believe the state has absolutely NO RIGHT to order me or anyone else to shut down my business and remain at home with only one hour's exercise per day.
They have no right to remove my freedom of association.
They have no right to compel me under threat of violence to wear any item of facial clothing.
Sorry, I'm just a radical like that.
They are free to issue safety guidelines which they feel we all ought to obey in order to "stay safe and protect the NHS" (because the tories really, really want to protect the NHS-eh, readers?)
But they have zero right to enforce this unprecedented level of oppression on us all.
If you think they do then I'm genuinely surprised that you are a Cope fan.
Yorkshirepedestrian
Yorkshirepedestrian
81 posts

Oct 03, 2020, 01:12
And, most importantly, he's loyal to our old "friends"--that plucky little democracy in the middle east--Israel
Yorkshirepedestrian
Yorkshirepedestrian
81 posts

Oct 03, 2020, 01:14
With the entire weight of the corporate controlled media against him, corbyn was never electable...
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index