and who thinks not.

I shall presume that those that don’t reply think it’s a scam

(This is how they came up with the 97%)
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Re: Who thinks
Jul 15, 2020, 00:26
The World Health Organisation thinks what is a scam? (Or not).
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 15, 2020, 06:38
You're obviously part of it Jon.
Amil04
447 posts

Jul 15, 2020, 12:07
..I thought after that might cause some confusion.
I didn’t mean WHO I meant who
This masks thing..I mean can one imagine a virus so deadly that were going to wait over another week? ...One so deadly that you have to take test to see if you’ve had it or not?
I do not wish to diminish the utter sadness of what’s been happening to thousands, hundreds of thousands around the world. But with every day that goes past, we loose a little more freedom. And it’s not going to come back unless people start to challenge. If I don’t wear a mask. I starve. Where’s the gov. risk assessment. They haven’t done one or at least produced one yet.
All the major players..Johnson, Whitty etc are all on record saying masks are next to unless.
Why this change?
Amil04
447 posts

Jul 15, 2020, 12:45
https://youtu.be/8vTM1NU6NZU
phallus dei
583 posts

Edited Jul 15, 2020, 15:18
Jul 15, 2020, 15:17
I share your fears over the increasing loss of our freedoms, as well as your anger toward the incompetent (and frequently contradictory) approach taken by our governments toward the pandemic.

That being said, when I saw the title of your post, I briefly got excited imagining a long-lost album by The Who, built around Pete Townsend's revelations in his mystical / philosophical Meher Baba phase.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jul 15, 2020, 18:08
I share your feeling that somethings going on, but not the stuff that bloke on the video says (didn't watch it but have seen his views before). I think the latest delay is the damn Tories doing a favour for their pals in Big Retail (just like they locked down too late and unlocked too early as a favour to their pals in industry).

We ARE losing freedoms, because a horrible self-serving gang has got hold of the strategic high ground.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Jul 15, 2020, 18:47
I don't think Covid is a scam, however, I do believe that certain people are using it to their own advantage. A short while ago YouGov sent out an extremely biased poll out about gambling, next thing horse racing has started and bookies have smiles on their faces again.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Jul 15, 2020, 20:04
Jul 15, 2020, 19:58
Extremely grateful for all those thoughts. Though it’s not my place somehow to be..if that makes sense.
Prompt too. I know there’s some good people here (ditto above).. and I ..well I suppose I like to ‘kick the cat’ sometimes (I don’t have a cat nor would I kick it) and post stuff when feeling angry (or a bit pissed..and angry!) in a what the hell who cares what people think kinda way. Which might not always be best..

I agree, I don’t subscribe to all the old man in the chair says. Is he just promoting fear in another ‘brand’? I’ll listen to these people but I am ready to drop them at a moments notice. He does over do the ‘fear’ to my mind but most of the content is certainly of interest...and he may well be right to suggest we ‘prepare’.He was David Ickes family doctor..sooo..one has to tread carefully. I’m not a fan of Icke.. I did see him speak in the 90’s..he was ok then.

I don’t mind telling you I’ve been having a Townshend revery of late...drop back to some good times..many years ago.

“I’m telling ya..it’s all building up to something”

I defy the able not to air drum

https://youtu.be/VfggghQENsU

Head Heritage...”it’s alive!”

“Let’s see Action!” Let’s see People!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Jul 15, 2020, 21:06
Jul 15, 2020, 21:02
..allow me to add a memory here.

Ian Dury was on with Annie Nightingale (?) reviewing this album on..?..can’t remember what it was called. Used to be on BBC Radio One Sunday nights? There I was listening..sitting in front of a ZX81 plugged into a hitachi b/w tv. I’d no doubt just spent x number of hours typing in the code for ‘bomb the city’ or such like. Syntax Error!!

“Pete’s gotta beautiful voice” said Ian..” I’m not knockin’ Roger!”..

They described the album cover in detail..they played the title track.

I was sitting in my dads chair.

https://youtu.be/AKWaG0Wp-Ps

Five years later I heard the rest.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index