U-Know! Forum »
Utter Brexshits

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Utter Brexshits
Feb 03, 2020, 18:42
And of course you've told him a. the IRA might re-emerge and b. we will have more people coming from potential terrorism areas outside Europe.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Feb 03, 2020, 19:24
I read somewhere the other day about the increase of non EU migrants coming here over the past few months. I actually think this will increase post brexit because we’ll need people to do the crap jobs we think we’re too good for.

I saw the IRA have already made their televisual comeback. Now that scares me!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 05, 2020, 08:37
Bit of a shock for the flag wavers: weak countries have no power!

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/feb/01/brexit-trade-talks-eu-to-back-spain-over-gibraltar-claims
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Feb 05, 2020, 20:32
We can carry on moaning about the EU! Even though we're not in it! Brilliant!
Similar to how everything's Labour's fault even though they've not been in power for years. Or Remoaners spoil the country's glorious future even though they lost.

Spain can have it back, what is it, a big rock with some monkeys and a few red telephone boxes.

Ah, Nigel, I do hope you're well. You wouldn't believe it but I am trying to take a more positive attitude this year. In my own life you understand. The actual country's fucked. (Have you seen the latest gambit of banning the Press you don't like from events? Things seem to get more outrageous all the time).
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Feb 06, 2020, 09:55
Feb 06, 2020, 08:31
Rhiannon, am I well? I was nearly a gonner when I read you are "trying to take a more positive attitude this year" but then I realised you meant in your own life, not Brexit.

I'm buggered if any of us should acquiesce with the endless calls not to use the B word, not to moan and to move forward together in unity. It's blindingly obvious that's powered by a burning realisation that the shit they voted for is about to hit the fan, and will do so every day for a decade.

An utter knob was about to arrive to give us the unity message but hopefully not now. Cornwall, the second poorest region in North West Europe, is first in the queue to be Brexfucked.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Feb 06, 2020, 12:58
Sorry to give you a funny turn.

Unity my arse. It's not even as though the majority of this country voted for the bastards, and yet the system is so undemocratic that you'd never know. And now we have to be good little children and go along with it all quietly, I don't think so.

Even the fact that Cornwall is the second poorest area in NW Europe is pretty outrageous. Did voters think the likes of Jacob R-M would turn round and chuck them some money if we left Europe? It's very hard to understand.

(quite a lot of ranting deleted) I guess we just have to wait for the fan-hitting to begin and see what happens.

On a positive note, when I arrived home last night I could smell greenness in the air, it was a distinct and new Springy smell. It's even sunny out there right now. Trips out await.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Feb 07, 2020, 00:12
Feb 07, 2020, 00:02
Rhiannon wrote:

I guess we just have to wait for the fan-hitting to begin and see what happens.

On a positive note, when I arrived home last night I could smell greenness in the air, it was a distinct and new Springy smell. It's even sunny out there right now. Trips out await.

I think is all anyone can do in the short term Rhiannon. Nigel may not think so but I am on the same page as him - except of course the bit about labelling large sections of the population thick as shit. I believe Labour will walk the next General Election if they focus. Also think Jeremy Corbyn is something of a hero (one of the few British politicians to stand up for beleaguered Palestine) but it seems he wasn't trusted as a leader. So a new leader it is - one that can call this current lot to account.

On a personal level, I lost one unique, good friend in May last year. Later in the year (and I say this with full respect to Moss) I accidently discovered Littlestone had died. First and foremost I felt so very sad for Moss. I do sometimes read her superb blog and she seems to be bravely getting on with stuff. My point being Rhiannon is that life is short when all is said and done and wanting to make the most of our short earthly span by living as harmoniously as we can does not mean acquiescence with all that has happened politically in the past three/four years. It does mean (for me anyway) not letting bitterness and anger colour what is left of my life - guessing you are a lot younger than I am.
All the best
jx
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 07, 2020, 06:14
Well June, I guess the phrase thick as shit is an expression of anger rather than factually accurate. On the other hand, anyone who believed what was on the side of the bus about the NHS must, by definition, have been dense as concrete, and anyone from a EU subsidised town who thought that when the European grants ceased the Tories would replace them would have to be not entirely unadjacent to not clever, will that do? ;)
veneta1
223 posts

Feb 15, 2020, 10:16
You really can't make this shit up.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/world-news/brexiteer-fumes-immigration-queue-eu-17749004
nigelswift
8112 posts

Mar 11, 2020, 11:17
[Government about to lose important vote]

Boris Johnson: “It is of the gravest importance that we suspend parliament immediately.”

[Global pandemic of killer virus affects MP who has been in contact with lots of other MPs before diagnosis]

Boris Johnson: “No need to be hasty.”
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index