Utter Brexshits

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Re: Utter Brexshits
Feb 03, 2020, 06:47
This is a good read, the part about the loans is especially interesting, especially if you remember the floods of which the EU wanted to throw us (effectively free) crisis loans to help. the govt refused and ultimately destroyed thousands of people's lives

https://eand.co/the-seven-mistakes-that-led-to-the-shameless-stupidity-of-brexit-7fa9aaa59821
nigelswift
8112 posts

Edited Feb 03, 2020, 09:46
Feb 03, 2020, 09:32
In a way, you have to admire the cleverness of the conspirators. They realised if you (a.) promise to give the NHS £350bn a week and (b.) stop 50 million Turkish muslims coming to Britain then the average old lady in Wednesbury will drag herself to the polls despite only having one leg.

It shows how fragile the rule of law is, we're just a good talker away from disaster. Like Brexit. Of course, if we'd kept to representative democracy we'd have been OK. But no, Cameron risked allowing direct democracy and reaped the awful result.

And now we have every Brexiter and a lot of deluded Remainers saying "well, at least it was a democratic decision". Not really, when a proportion of the voters were thick as shit.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Feb 03, 2020, 12:59
nigelswift wrote:
In a way, you have to admire the cleverness of the conspirators. They realised if you (a.) promise to give the NHS £350bn a week and (b.) stop 50 million Turkish muslims coming to Britain then the average old lady in Wednesbury will drag herself to the polls despite only having one leg.

It shows how fragile the rule of law is, we're just a good talker away from disaster. Like Brexit. Of course, if we'd kept to representative democracy we'd have been OK. But no, Cameron risked allowing direct democracy and reaped the awful result.

And now we have every Brexiter and a lot of deluded Remainers saying "well, at least it was a democratic decision". Not really, when a proportion of the voters were thick as shit.

Nigel, I've just read this out to my rational Remain supporting friend. I'm afraid they said you sound like a bigot. I know this is not the case but I would like to know what you have against old ladies with one leg.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 03, 2020, 13:07
Well, if wokeness requires saying a proportion of the voters aren't thick as shit I'm afraid I'm a bigot. I speak as someone who has been to Stoke. Is your friend from Stoke? I bet not.

I have nothing against old ladies with one leg. In fact I salute their pluck. Has your friend got one leg? They seem a bit sensitive to monopedalism.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Feb 03, 2020, 16:12
nigelswift wrote:
Well, if wokeness requires saying a proportion of the voters aren't thick as shit I'm afraid I'm a bigot. I speak as someone who has been to Stoke. Is your friend from Stoke? I bet not.

I have nothing against old ladies with one leg. In fact I salute their pluck. Has your friend got one leg? They seem a bit sensitive to monopedalism.

Haha! Stoke aside, surely democracy as we know it means one person, one vote regardless of background or education. Your stance seems to suggest anyone voting should be university educated and able to speak two or more languages. I know you are not a bigot Nigel and it is true my friend has never been to Stoke.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 03, 2020, 17:24
Well no, it has never been one person, one vote. Even in the Greek city states it was restricted to a tiny number of aristocrats and men of property and there were no votes for slaves, or, thankfully, women. If it was "one person, one vote regardless of background or education" it would be disastrous as we'd get results like Brexit (and bring back hanging etc). So we have always had representative democracy whereby MPs vote not just to represent their constituents but also for what they deem sensible, which is often very different and much more progressive. People laugh at MPs but I'd rather be ruled by them than the people of Stoke.

Is that bigoted enough? I could say more if necessary. ;)
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Feb 03, 2020, 17:29
Democracy literally is by the people, for the people. Anything else is not democracy. This supposed 'will of the people' crap is just that, crap. Sadly something which has become a veiled triumph of the will.

Take farage for example. He's not interested in the uk leaving the EU, he wants to literally destroy it, destroy the democratic process completely. He admitted to this after he left. Where would that leave Europe? It'll return it to a bickering continent with a past drenched in blood. There's literally no democracy in any of this.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Feb 03, 2020, 17:31
I totally agree with that, guess I'm a bigot too?

I've literally not heard one genuine reason to leave the EU, just a load of incoherent crap from people who really don't understand the situation and make up excuses as to why they voted leave. They have no reasons, just excuses that are so cobbled together that they're not even worth the breath it takes to utter them.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Feb 03, 2020, 17:39
It seems to be a new sport on social media, asking people what they think they are going to get for having voted Brexit. As you say, no-one can say. It seems like they wanted their side to win, and that's all.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Feb 03, 2020, 18:06
A mate of mine says he voted leave because of national security (which for him is a veiled racism) because of terror threats. I’m not sure he remembers the IRA!
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index