Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Jun 11, 2019, 15:47
Re: Morrissey
Jun 11, 2019, 15:22
PMM wrote:
First they came for the racists...

I have to admit, I feel some unease when I hear that someone has been sacked because of something they tweeted 5 years ago. It sometimes feels like a road towards McCarthyism using racism, sexism, homophobia, antisemitism as a proxy Communism.

Where are we going with all this? It's being weaponised against the left - See for example how the Labour Party suddenly became Anti-Semitic at the same time that a Leftist leader was elected.

See also the furure when Corbyn called May a "Stupid Woman". The fuss was about May's gender, but the insult was in describing her as "Stupid".

Good analogy at the start. I think this is what is happening..the media will continue to create a false picture of society, that’s its bursting with people with undesirable views shall we say..and I don’t put it past them and others to stage events to steer said public opinions. I’m thinking of something that happened not so long ago that I believe may have been staged to play along with a wider agenda, but I’m not going to say because I may then appear to be one of PMM’s above listed. ?

https://youtu.be/qvIUa47x_Oc

..it’ll be a sad day. It did of course mean “Dodgy Dave” didn’t have to answer, what a double act!..or perhaps he did..who knows..I’m past caring right now.

https://youtu.be/xg7UZ4V1Sjc
Amil04
447 posts

Jun 12, 2019, 19:47
..that as maybe. On reflection there are far, far worse people in the world..who don’t mind at all when the spotlight is directed away from them and towards such as Morrisey. He doesn’t come across as a violent man to me. I’m surprised the ‘Minister for Loneliness’ didn't take him onboard in some way.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Jun 12, 2019, 23:47
Apologists for right-wing gobshites.

Another ingredient in a dangerous brew.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited Jun 13, 2019, 07:23
Jun 13, 2019, 07:17
All I said was there are far worse people who should be put under the spotlight. I’m in no way aligning myself with Morrisey’s views, defending them or apologising for him.
veneta1
223 posts

Jun 13, 2019, 08:46
Amil04 wrote:
All I said was there are far worse people who should be put under the spotlight. I’m in no way aligning myself with Morrisey’s views, defending them or apologising for him.

But when one indulges in a large dose of whataboutism that's exactly how one comes across. Was Hitler worse than Morrissey? Yes, but that shouldn't mean that Morrissey is exempt from criticism just because he's not the worst person on the planet.
Fitter Stoke
Fitter Stoke
2611 posts

Edited Jun 13, 2019, 09:51
Jun 13, 2019, 09:51
Morrissey is in no way exempt from criticism for his right-wing stance. My point is simply that, unlike the OP (whose opinion I equally respect), I'm disinclined to let Morrissey's views affect my enjoyment of some of his music. I'm neither a vegan nor a fascist, but I still dig 'The Queen Is Dead'.
Captain Starlet
Captain Starlet
1110 posts

Edited Jun 25, 2019, 19:16
Re: Faragey
Jun 25, 2019, 09:53
https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/morrissey-on-nigel-farage-1-6123547
Lawrence
9547 posts

Jul 08, 2019, 20:18
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/jul/08/billy-bragg-morrissey-rightwing-youtube-video-stormzy-brandon-flowers
Pursued By Trees
Pursued By Trees
1135 posts

Jul 12, 2019, 10:48
Hmmm ... interesting article.

Mozzer describes himself as "a so-called entertainer". Uhuh.
Perhaps Brandon Flowers has been only selectively quoted and it was more along the lines of: “He’s still a (fuc)king (liability),” ???

But the Bragg question/quote at the end is the most fascinating one:
“Those who claim that this has no relevance to his stature as an artist should ask themselves if, by demanding that we separate the singer from the song, they too are helping to propagate this racist creed.”

Turn this around and Mr B. would seem to suggest that any and all art by anyone whose outlook we disagree with should be shunned?
Howburn Digger
Howburn Digger
986 posts

Jul 13, 2019, 11:36
Pursued By Trees wrote:

Turn this around and Mr B. would seem to suggest that any and all art by anyone whose outlook we disagree with should be shunned?

Wewll spotted! That is the basis upon which this thread was started by Lawrence. Without Lawrence actually telling anyone what Morrisey actually said that L disagreed with.

There is even a made up and totally false claim in Lawrence's opening post of Morrissey "supporting outright Fascism". Which is of course total gibberish and the lunatic brain bubble of a Facebook Warrior who's never read, listened or actually taken any time to listen, think or reason anything out.

https://youtu.be/OO4tnu-vjPA
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index