Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Thank you to London police
Jun 05, 2017, 11:13
Locodogz wrote:
"If I was an elderly person (oh bugger I am) or a father with a couple of children, I wouldn't be within 10 miles of a situation like that. Who in their right mind would. We would be cowed and alarmed!!"

If 48 counts as elderly I am, have two small children. I'm currently in an office overlooking the Charing Cross Road and I'm neither cowed or alarmed!

So if you were out in the street now with coppers all over the street with weapons (as told to us by Khan yesterday) and in a critical warning situation just a day after a terrorist attack you would be quite happy to be there with your kids right?
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 11:16
nigelswift wrote:
I think he's suffering from a Cornish view of London. The chances of being hurt by a terrorist in the capital are miles lower than twisting your ankle on Bodmin Moor!

Twat! No wonder you are insulted by others.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 11:37
I'm NOT going to respond in kind.
It's fact that there are millions and millions of people, young and old, out and about in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow right now. You've suggested they're cowed. They aren't. It's demonstrable.

As for "twat", every time you say something that turns out to be plain wrong you either flounce or get crudely abusive. It's a pattern.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 11:42
nigelswift wrote:
I'm NOT going to respond in kind.
It's fact that there are millions and millions of people, young and old, out and about in London, Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow right now. You've suggested they're cowed. They aren't. It's demonstrable.

As for "twat", every time you say something that turns out to be plain wrong you either flounce or get crudely abusive. It's a pattern.

Yes, a pattern you are well used to it would seem in certain quarters. Easy to understand why as you attract abusiveness.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 11:48
Ah - my apologies - missed this

"Instead of us continually planning what we are going to do in the event of an attack, we should have the army out there scouring the country and eradicating those bastards before they do. The public will talk to soldiers more readily about people or groups they suspect in their area knowing they will be protected by professional soldiers."

Not sure I recall the army on the street in Northern Ireland proving a better source of identifying terrorists than the intelligence services? Was a while back so I'd be interested if you've any sources of info to the contrary?

When you say 'scouring the country' what have you got in mind, knocking on doors and asking there are any Jhadis in the house before 'eradicating' them? Could be open to a little (bad) neighbourly abuse?
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 11:51
Locodogz wrote:
Ah - my apologies - missed this

"Instead of us continually planning what we are going to do in the event of an attack, we should have the army out there scouring the country and eradicating those bastards before they do. The public will talk to soldiers more readily about people or groups they suspect in their area knowing they will be protected by professional soldiers."

Not sure I recall the army on the street in Northern Ireland proving a better source of identifying terrorists than the intelligence services? Was a while back so I'd be interested if you've any sources of info to the contrary?

When you say 'scouring the country' what have you got in mind, knocking on doors and asking there are any Jhadis in the house before 'eradicating' them? Could be open to a little (bad) neighbourly abuse?

Whatever works best...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 11:55
Nevertheless, what I said was true, you repeatedly say things that turn out to be plain wrong and when it becomes undeniable you either flounce or get crudely abusive. It's there for all to see so you'd better insult me again. Or flounce.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 11:58
So a quick peek out of my 6th floor window reveal 3 police offers heading south (sorry from my distance and rear view - I couldn't tell if they were armed) and many, many more people seemingly going about their business. No one looking particularly 'cowed or alarmed' - flitting in and out of doorways etc.

Would I bring my children in to London just 'to look at the armed police'? Probably no. Are the going to see Take That at the O2 tomorrow? Yes. Obviously there a concern - there is every time they leave the house - but its kind of like the mayor said, I think you need not to be cowed and carry on your life as normal, otherwise you're handing victory to these shithead individuals?
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 11:59
So that'll be a no to my question about the army on the street as a source of intelligence then?
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 12:19
nigelswift wrote:
Nevertheless, what I said was true, you repeatedly say things that turn out to be plain wrong and when it becomes undeniable you either flounce or get crudely abusive. It's there for all to see so you'd better insult me again. Or flounce.

Na, I'll just stick around to keep an eye on you!
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index