Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Thank you to London police
Jun 05, 2017, 12:21
Locodogz wrote:
So a quick peek out of my 6th floor window reveal 3 police offers heading south (sorry from my distance and rear view - I couldn't tell if they were armed) and many, many more people seemingly going about their business. No one looking particularly 'cowed or alarmed' - flitting in and out of doorways etc.

Would I bring my children in to London just 'to look at the armed police'? Probably no. Are the going to see Take That at the O2 tomorrow? Yes. Obviously there a concern - there is every time they leave the house - but its kind of like the mayor said, I think you need not to be cowed and carry on your life as normal, otherwise you're handing victory to these shithead individuals?

Just take care of you and yours....we're all in this together!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 12:27
Fine.
In the meantime, take a look at any of the scores of London webcams.
Thousands of people buzzing around everywhere. Most perplexing.
Locodogz
Locodogz
254 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 12:31
Thanks sanctuary - you too

My children are the most precious thing in my life, but if we were to all withdraw into our little bubbles (ours is leafy rural Oxfordshire) out of fear - what kind of life would that leave them?
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 12:37
Thanks for all that !!!
really !
However, Dhajjie is perfectly happy to let everyone continue to go on thinking that my occasional use of the third person dialog is because i'm a complete cunt.
It gives me great satisfaction to know that sort of thinking says much more about themselves than it does about me.
The 'gang' mentality and all that.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 12:42
Oh dear !!!
Gang-fuck alert on aisle 3 !
Nigel...make no mistake, you are truly proving yourself in thread after thread to be the real twat hereabouts lately.
It is just breathtaking what the smallest amount of co-enabling will turn someone into...
Do you feel enabled?
machineryelf
3681 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 12:48
I spent the Sunday until 5 o'clock when my train home was due. Visited the British Musuem, Camden, British Library, had a lovely meal outside in the sun, drank coffee and had an ice cream in Russell Square. I realise of course that all the cowering terrified people were indoors, probably stabbibg pins into pictures of Jeremy Corbyn who personally invited all the terrorist into London personally and keeps them under the stairs feeding them choux buns and honey. The rest of London just got on with it, if Camden on Sunday was london running scared I'd hate to be there when it was busy, it was a madhouse in the nicest possible way.
Saturday night after it all happened I was in a pub, got a message asking if i was OK, a few other folk must have got the same, the news went out everybody got on with it, the canny operators got a round in whilst the bar was quiet, when I left about midnight, half the pub was happily singing 'Stand by Me' with the evenings entertainment and the other half were getting on with the usual Sat night business of getting drunk and laid
When it actually kicked off I was at London Stadium with 85,999 other people having a great night watching Depeche Mode, can't say I noticed any fear there either, went to see John Cale in Liverpool the week before just after the Manchester incident, same thing there, life is for living, I suggest you grow a spine
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 12:51
dhajjieboy wrote:
Oh dear !!!
Gang-fuck alert on aisle 3 !
Nigel...make no mistake, you are truly proving yourself in thread after thread to be the real twat hereabouts lately.
It is just breathtaking what the smallest amount of co-enabling will turn someone into...
Do you feel enabled?

Sorry, I shan't be rising to you. You'll have to attention seek elsewhere.

Which may be a problem, given your response rate is now so small. But thanks for the conversation.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Thank you to London police/Corbyn again
Jun 05, 2017, 12:52
Haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa
What sort of idiot expects a PM to resign three days before an election!!

He makes me laugh more each day.

Typical Yahoo picking out the best bits

https://uk.yahoo.com/news/jeremy-corbyn-calls-theresa-may-resign-london-bridge-terror-attack-concerns-111214268.html
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 12:53
I could care less what you rise to...
I've got your number old boy.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 13:04
Fine, but you'll still have to attention seek elsewhere.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index