Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Thank you to London police
Jun 05, 2017, 15:14
Locodogz wrote:
In the nicest possible way, Sanctuary, statistically you are waaaayyy more likely to twist your ankle on Bodmin Moor!?!?

....and long may it stay that way!

Oh I've done worse than that on Bodmin Moor - like being chased across a large very boggy area beneath Louden Hill on the way back to Fernacre stone circle by a cow that had 'hidden' her calf across the other side. I'd passed her on the way down and I just happened to be carefully making my way across the bog when I heard her getting up a head of steam behind me. I had nowhere to go so she just flattened me. I got up and tried to run for it but my walking boots just wouldn't come out of the peaty bog fast enough and she kept on having ago at me. By pure chance the way I was trying to escape to was away from her calf that I only saw when she ran off to be with it. It was only when I got back to my car which I'd had permission to drive up to the circle in (private track) that I realised how bad my ankles were as I had one hell of a job to get my boots off they were so swollen because of all the twisting and turning I'd been doing in a panic to get my boots out of the boggy ground!
Embarrassingly, I had to walk about in slippers for a whole week after that!!

I was there again just two weeks ago with some of my voluntary clearance team checking out the circle and its two neighbouring circles Louden and Stannon to see if they needed work doing. They do, so once all permissions have been gained we'll set about doing it. Fantastic landscape to work in. So lucky.
Kid Calamity
9044 posts

Re: Thank you to London police/Corbyn again
Jun 05, 2017, 15:37
She will resign next week.
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 15:40
I probably shouldn't have....but i had a good chuckle reading about that cow attacking you....
dhajjieboy
913 posts

Re: Thank you to London police/Corbyn again
Jun 05, 2017, 15:53
Kid Calamity wrote:
She will resign next week.

Or it just may be that on the morning of the 9th you will all be waking up to the smell of fresh brewed Covfefe.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 15:57
dhajjieboy wrote:
I probably shouldn't have....but i had a good chuckle reading about that cow attacking you....

Go ahead dhajjie - I still haven't lost my sense of humour either :-)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 16:53
The intemperate Trump (oo-er missus, how disrespectful) has just doubled down on his criticism of London's mayor. Whereas the US Embassy, closer to events and better informed, has just said "I commend the strong leadership of the @MayorofLondon as he leads the city forward after this heinous attack."
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 17:36
nigelswift wrote:
The intemperate Trump (oo-er missus, how disrespectful) has just doubled down on his criticism of London's mayor. Whereas the US Embassy, closer to events and better informed, has just said "I commend the strong leadership of the @MayorofLondon as he leads the city forward after this heinous attack."

Cynical as ever...another quality of the onset of old age coupled with disrespect for people doing better than oneself. One a winner, the other an envious loser. This must happen to you quite a lot.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 17:48
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

Cynical as ever...another quality of the onset of old age coupled with disrespect for people doing better than oneself. One a winner, the other an envious loser. This must happen to you quite a lot.

QED!
When shown to have been entirely wrong, either insults or flounces.
The pattern continues.
How many times now?
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 18:00
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

Trump is no one's better, just very much richer and very much louder. In fact he's a total cnut. Nigel is not.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Jun 05, 2017, 18:04
Thanks June. I was beginning to think I must be!
;)
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index