Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Merrick
Merrick
2148 posts

Re: NEW FEATURE: Advice to Demonstrators After the Trashing of Millbank
Nov 20, 2010, 12:49
dodge one wrote:
landells wrote:
Dodge, Merrick made his post at 18.50 and edited it at 19.12 but your response to his post wasn't made until 19.18 - so Merrick's edit wouldn't have been anything to do with your comments

Do you really think that i typed up my post in 1 minute flat?

I don't think that's the suggestion; what is being said is that my edit had nothing to do with responding to your comments, given that it came before any of your comments.

Like many people, I edit comments not just for typos but for clarity of expression. Occasionally people edit to remove volatile knee-jerk responses that, on reflection, don't help the discussion.

In this instance, I'd included an anecdote about things that happened to other pole. I realised that people might well, quite reasonably, want more details than I would be prepared to give. As such, I felt it might derail the discussion which did not need the anecdote in order to get to grips with the issues around legality/morality, the justification of property damage for political ends, state responses to such people, etc.

I do have to wonder if you use such aggressive tones with people you meet in the flesh. The community and neighbours that you tell us respect you, how do they respond for being called cunty and wanky for having different views from you?

dodge one wrote:
Having read and participated on this board over the last 3 years, i've learned NOTHING that i can use to further my causes.

Then please ask yourself why you bother coming here.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index