America Before

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Amil04
447 posts

Edited May 01, 2019, 20:45
America Before
May 01, 2019, 08:41
Graham Hancock discusses his latest publication.

https://youtu.be/Rxmw9eizOAo

I wonder what JC’s comments would be..is he a ‘follower’ of Graham’s work? Has he ever made any comment on GH’s ‘thesis’?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: America Before
May 01, 2019, 09:24
I think you'll find little mention of GH here and enormous respect for JC, for good reasons in both cases!

No, Julian doesn't subscribe to a version of the old Jewish-Masonic plot so beloved by ultra-right-wing conspiracy theorists or suggest a connection between the pillars of Solomon's Temple and the Twin Towers.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited May 01, 2019, 13:16
May 01, 2019, 13:15
Ok thanks for that.

Just to add I don’t see myself as anything you described but I will fight for the right for you to say it!

I have a great interest..in anything people say.
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 01, 2019, 13:19
Well you shouldn't. Hancock writes stuff to extract money from people who lack basic education, and knows it.
Amil04
447 posts

Edited May 01, 2019, 13:34
May 01, 2019, 13:27
I just mean take an interest..I don’t mean believe it all necessarily..

“No, Julian doesn't subscribe to a version of the old Jewish-Masonic plot so beloved by ultra-right-wing conspiracy theorists or suggest a connection between the pillars of Solomon's Temple and the Twin Towers.”

Neither does Graham Hancock. I’ve never heard GH talk about any of that stuff. But that doesn’t mean to say he may not be sympathetic to some that do perhaps.

Your argument could apply to anybody who writes books..but we’ve been over that before!

: )
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 01, 2019, 13:45
Your argument could apply to anybody who writes books

No it couldn't, most people write what they believe not what they carefully calculate what they know people with no scientific grounding will swallow whole! He is, to use a technical term, a complete dishonest knob. He's an archaeofarage.

;)
tomatoman
118 posts

May 01, 2019, 13:56
I haven't read the book but, then, neither have other people on here. What I read in this bit of "dialogue" is quite typical of "archaeological behaviour", something I have considerable experience of; ie. people who have set ideas and won't get off their high (rocking?) horse to listen to other ideas. Careers have been built on it. Grants have been awarded on it.
It's not very productive to human endeavour.
Amil04
447 posts

May 01, 2019, 14:02
Hehe..

”ARCHAEOFARAGE”

‘Nice mash up..dude’!

I find GH to be a very passionate and engaging speaker/writer.

Those unfamiliar might start with his TED talk should they be so enclined.

https://youtu.be/Y0c5nIvJH7w
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 01, 2019, 14:26
people who have set ideas and won't get off their high (rocking?) horse to listen to other ideas....

Yes, well, that's certainly me. But if any crank has the least bit of evidence I'll get right off my horse and listen loads, but they never do. How is that wrong?
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 01, 2019, 14:28
But "passionate and engaging" is not much use and can't be used as a smokescreen if the message is bollocks can it?
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index