The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
America Before

Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: America Before
May 01, 2019, 14:32
Anyway, I can see how this is heading so I'll bow out. If someone traps a fairy under a bell jar I'll return to the thread!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited May 01, 2019, 14:46
May 01, 2019, 14:35
Watch his TED talk.

Is this “Bollocks?”

I think not.

One has to look for the ‘evidence’ for oneself. Not be told it. It has to come ‘through’ you..from somewhere within..nobody can tell you. Others can only point it out.

The ‘gut’ feeling is much underrated these days..it’s all about ‘evidence.’ Are we not thinking, feeling, intuitive beings?
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 01, 2019, 14:53
"One has to look for the ‘evidence’ for oneself. Not be told it. It has to comes ‘through’ you..from somewhere within..nobody can tell you. Others can only point it out.

The ‘gut’ feeling is much underrated these days..it’s all about ‘evidence.’ Are we not thinking, feeling, intuitive beings?

"That's the other basis on which pseudoarchaeologists stand - "there's no scientific evidence so your belief must come from within". Sorry, I prefer evidence. Show me the fairy under the bell jar, don't write a book saying it's there.
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 01, 2019, 14:56
Got to go out now and drive to the shops.

(My car runs on oxygen BTW. To believe it you need to feel it's so in your guts).
Amil04
447 posts

Edited May 01, 2019, 19:51
May 01, 2019, 15:20
Have you ever taken anything?
..If so.. you got ripped off!..or picked the wrong ones..

How did you know I catch fairies for a living?

Creepy..

Try adding some hydrogen to the oxygen..or you could take that mix straight from your kitchen tap..you might be onto something?!

https://youtu.be/9DmmeuwDfvQ

; )
Amil04
447 posts

Edited May 01, 2019, 19:51
May 01, 2019, 19:50
Missed that..fair do’s bud..

Shame Channel 4 have picked up on our exchanges and think there might be enough for a sit-com. Two fella’s sharing a flat kinda thing, Morcombe and Wise style... I’ll let you be Wise..but I draw the line at sharing a bed!!
Amil04
447 posts

Edited May 01, 2019, 20:14
May 01, 2019, 20:07
“Grants awarded”...”Careers built” Aye..Heritage Lottery is where it often comes from to revamp some established sites visited by the public. It’s a shame it has to be from the proceeds of gambling...and then they get you to pay again! Jestin’ obviously these places need constant income streams to keep going. But sometimes I don’t think they should build themselves up so high in the first place? Dunno..
‘Things’ can get ‘overlooked’ if it brings the tourist pound in. I’ve seen new museums built on what you might call ‘false foundations’..
I’m sure it’s only a fraction of cases but thats still too many. (Without checking the ‘facts’ I’m keeping my options open by saying ‘a fraction’..!)
I realise you weren't specifically referring to visitor centres..but Time Team and Visitor centres are the closest the majority of the public get to Archaeology. Not knocking either..
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 01, 2019, 20:59
Wise was the straight man, so that's OK!
Amil04
447 posts

May 01, 2019, 21:09
Lol

..and I’m hitting all the right notes...but!

: ))

I’m sure we can get another cuppa outta that tea bag..?
postman
848 posts

May 12, 2019, 19:45
I think Nigel's opinion of Graham Hancock is a bit, er, negative?
I don't think I lack a basic education, I just think the world is a bit more interesting than it lets on.
I've read his books, most of them, well, half of them, and found them to be really entertaining. I should even go so far as to say that Hancock (and Cope) inspired me to get out and start looking at ancient places for my self, which I'm still doing over twenty years later. I haven't come to the same conclusions as Hancock it has to be said, but, nevertheless if not for Hancock I might not have bothered at all. So, hands off our cock.
Pages: 3 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index