Pages: 40 – [ Previous | 134 35 36 37 38 39 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Apr 02, 2013, 23:00
Re: Similarities elsewhere?
Apr 02, 2013, 22:59
Ha ha, let the washing machine spill out all the suds and it's free shaving cream :@>
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Re: Three Shires Stones
Apr 02, 2013, 23:00
bladup wrote:
I'm one of the most polite people you could ever meet in the flesh [as long as i'm sober], your preconceptions are very funny and prove that no one comes across on here as they really are.

Which preconceptions?
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 23:01
bladup wrote:
Haaaaaaa, i've just shaved a big beard, shaving cream what an idea that was, modern technology eh, what about gps george do you use that for the rock art? [it's for pussys].

Very helpful to others for their visits though, especially when time is short.
I'm a self confessed pussy btw. :)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 23:03
I know you use one Geoff, i was only [half] joking, not really good for a true bimble though eh?
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 23:04
bladup wrote:
Haaaaaaa, i've just shaved a big beard, shaving cream what an idea that was, modern technology eh, what about gps george do you use that for the rock art? [it's for pussys].

I do for recording , it's the only way to get a decent grid ref . Prior to that it was 30 m north east of the big rock and 25 metres south of the fence with the metyres paced out etc .
I've had phone calls from people asking if the gps reading is correct , they didn't realise it was and they were standing on it ,(just lift the turf ) and they are the pros .
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: Three Shires Stones
Apr 02, 2013, 23:07
"Better than you with politeness!" that i'm not a polite person, i always say sorry after i hit someone [only joking]:O}
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 23:08
Littlestone wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
Ha ha, This is true i wouldn't have a clue how to use it, i'm more like my long gone grandma who wouldn't talk when the video was on because you'd hear her when you watched it, I've never even had/wanted a mobile phone, we'll just have to do it with astral travel, race you there.

I don't have a watch never mind a mobile phone .
It's not that long ago since I discovered shaving foam in a can . It's like having a washing machine .

Jeeze... I’ve never tried shaving with a washing machine – how do you do that without getting yourself in a spin :-)

Now you can appreciate just how great the can discovery was . Still use the wshing machine for washing hair and making sauces though .
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 23:09
bladup wrote:
I know you use one Geoff, i was only [half] joking, not really good for a true bimble though eh?

Would have been very helpful if the people who built Trevethy had one, and logged all the stone co-ordinates. ;)

I do prefer a "manual" bimble, but taking an accurate grid ref on each site visit is a good thing imo. I have had feedback from pecsaetan saying people appreciated them, people who may well not have visited without having it.
A good example is the old womans stone on Bamford Moor, a bugger to find for most.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 23:13
Great stuff and a great point about been good for recording a new site, i was only joking, it just makes me laugh if i see someone gps in one hand, map in the other and they hardly look around at all, they spend most of their time out looking at those and not the surroundings, put them back in a landscape they've been before and they wouldn't even know they'd been there before half the time.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Apr 02, 2013, 23:17
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:

Would have been very helpful if the people who built Trevethy had one, and logged all the stone co-ordinates. ;)

I do prefer a "manual" bimble, but taking an accurate grid ref on each site visit is a good thing imo. I have had feedback from pecsaetan saying people appreciated them, people who may well not have visited without having it.
A good example is the old womans stone on Bamford Moor, a bugger to find for most.

when hill walking I often dump my rucksack on a fence line or prominent rock if there is one and come back later , handy if it's misty or cloud comes down just have to find the line and keep to it but with the gps I can leave it anywhere as long as you remember to take the ref and the gps with you .
Pages: 40 – [ Previous | 134 35 36 37 38 39 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index