5758 posts

Re: The finished circle
Aug 06, 2012, 22:43
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
Hmmm, not sharing knowledge isn't confined to academics then!

I said i will, when me little old legs are done, i haven't finished by a long shot yet. [ i said 38 but i had to ask my missus as i feel younger- doesn't time fly when you start getting older?]

What are thee finds ?

A fully intact little flint hand axe [ knapped and polished], parts of axes, spear points, various blades, scrapers, arrowheads and even a flint spoon from norfolk plus loads of different flint tools plus a couple of really old [mesolithic] flint axes and some microliths and lots of bits of beakers, mainly from lincolnshire, norfolk and cornwall, the flint does stand out more here in cornwall because its against the granite. That's why it was always strange finding it in lincolnshire and norfolk, i was never looking, i couldn't see knapped flint in a field full of flint, we was been shown where the settlements were, as they have mostly been [in lincolnshire and norfolk] ploughed out by 4500 years of farming, we would find ourselves in a field somewhere and get a feeling we had been taken to an old settlement and bang we'd stoop down and pick up clearly worked lovely flint pieces [ i know plough damaged flint ], yes we'd found somewhere, it has always happened like that, it's how i've learned about loads of long gone places.

Could you show us some pics ?

Field walking often produces exactly these types of artefacts on a regular basis . Those who do so never suggest the result of their finding the material is anything other than being in the right place and having a good eye and would laugh at anything mystical be being the cause of their finds .
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Aug 06, 2012, 22:52
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

I said i will, when me little old legs are done, i haven't finished by a long shot yet. [ i said 38 but i had to ask my missus as i feel younger- doesn't time fly when you start getting older?]

What are thee finds ?

A fully intact little flint hand axe [ knapped and polished], parts of axes, spear points, various blades, scrapers, arrowheads and even a flint spoon from norfolk plus loads of different flint tools plus a couple of really old [mesolithic] flint axes and some microliths and lots of bits of beakers, mainly from lincolnshire, norfolk and cornwall, the flint does stand out more here in cornwall because its against the granite. That's why it was always strange finding it in lincolnshire and norfolk, i was never looking, i couldn't see knapped flint in a field full of flint, we was been shown where the settlements were, as they have mostly been [in lincolnshire and norfolk] ploughed out by 4500 years of farming, we would find ourselves in a field somewhere and get a feeling we had been taken to an old settlement and bang we'd stoop down and pick up clearly worked lovely flint pieces [ i know plough damaged flint ], yes we'd found somewhere, it has always happened like that, it's how i've learned about loads of long gone places.

I will do when i can get my daughter to find me the time to help me put them on the computer as i'm useless, i can take the pictures though, what should we do with the pictures, i suppose i could put the little axe picture on the zennor site as it was laying in the peat near some nearby barrows, the other stuff [from new sites] maybe send you personally. look out for the zennor one first as she'll do that one as she's done it before for me and it'll be quick enough for her busy live [ well thats what she puts across ].
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Aug 06, 2012, 22:53
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:

i rollocked somebody for been rude and saying my opinion wasn't as important as his and because i was told i was wrong because a collection of books told him i was wrong, if it was from his own experience i wouldn't have said a thing, it was like having a load of books rammed down your neck, i speak from experience not books, and even when i did speak from burls and barnetts [as i have read these] books i had that rammed back down my throat as well,

If you are talking about my comments your wrong again , you seem incapable of reading and understanding even when it gets pointed out a second time . The comment was "You might like to think your opinion might be as valid as anyone else's , but if your opinion is wrong , in this case the continually unaddressed "Stone circles have nothing left in them " it is not ." For the second time , note the use of valid not important and the qualifier .
For countless posts you avoided facing up to that error now you are laying the blame on Burl and Barnatt , why didn't you own up to that from the start .

Opinion is wrong-----who says? it could be right!!

Have you failed to notice the stream of refutations ? It only needs one example to show it is wrong , there are countless examples .

In your opinion!! honestly not mine, i mean this, i am not winding you up, we come from such different places ,mindsets and ways of learning that we would probably never agree, you see i've always been shit academically , this is balanced with something else, i do not know [pastlives?] were the knowledge comes from but i trust it with my life- this is the reason why i believe so much and you will never change my mind on what we have been talking about[ you could on other stuff], it's a past live thing you see, and better than books, we can't even meet in the middle as we wouldn't agree where it was!!!!

First of all I should make clear that I'm not interested in discussing subjective feelings or experiences at prehistoric sites anymore than than what people feel after listening to Beethoven or 50 cent . Ok you don't accept rational evidence based arguments . That's fine but your problem then is when you meet someone or others with the same attitude who disagrees with you on something that is factual /falsifible , they " know " just as you do .Somebody must be wrong , maybe all , how do decide ?

No my reality doesn't have to be the same as [any] somebody else's, my reality is my reality and their reality is their reality, we go though life together but all experience things differently, so everybodies reality is unique to them, there are lots of things where i could think one thing and another person something else and both be right, as you know sometimes they might go together to create something more.

Sounds like a kind fairyland where you don't have to make any effort , you just know stuff , even if people disagree with you you can both be right and all those who think they know things will proved to be wrong eventually .

That is so much better than arguing all the time isn't it, what i said is true isn't it- of course what was said before is true as well, water boiling been the same and stuff like that, but it is true that everyones reality IS different.

No , your just kidding yourself .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Aug 06, 2012, 22:57
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

What are thee finds ?

I will do when i can get my daughter to find me the time to help me put them on the computer as i'm useless, i can take the pictures though, what should we do with the pictures, i suppose i could put the little axe picture on the zennor site as it was laying in the peat near some nearby barrows, the other stuff [from new sites] maybe send you personally. look out for the zennor one first as she'll do that one as she's done it before for me and it'll be quick enough for her busy live [ well thats what she puts across ].

The axes , particualrly the Mesolithic one would be interesting . It's not too difficult to put them on here although you might have to make a site page if it was not found close to anything that is already noted here .
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Aug 06, 2012, 22:58
tiompan wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

What are thee finds ?

Field walking often produces exactly these types of artefacts on a regular basis . Those who do so never suggest the result of their finding the material is anything other than being in the right place and having a good eye and would laugh at anything mystical be being the cause of their finds .

I don't think they find all this without even looking, we are taken to it, the fact you can't get your head round it doesn't make it not true [here we go again!!!]. field walkers look at the ground , i look at the landscape, i only look at the floor sometimes to make sure i don't fall over.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Aug 06, 2012, 23:07
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

What are thee finds ?

The axes , particualrly the Mesolithic one would be interesting . It's not too difficult to put them on here although you might have to make a site page if it was not found close to anything that is already noted here .

One was from the field where west ashby henge once was, the other near branston near lincoln [ no known site] plus big mesolithic flint blade from manton warron near scunthope. the flint spoon was a few 100 yards from a barrow near grimes graves [ i know where it all came from].
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Aug 06, 2012, 23:09
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:

i rollocked somebody for been rude and saying my opinion wasn't as important as his and because i was told i was wrong because a collection of books told him i was wrong, if it was from his own experience i wouldn't have said a thing, it was like having a load of books rammed down your neck, i speak from experience not books, and even when i did speak from burls and barnetts [as i have read these] books i had that rammed back down my throat as well,

If you are talking about my comments your wrong again , you seem incapable of reading and understanding even when it gets pointed out a second time . The comment was "You might like to think your opinion might be as valid as anyone else's , but if your opinion is wrong , in this case the continually unaddressed "Stone circles have nothing left in them " it is not ." For the second time , note the use of valid not important and the qualifier .
For countless posts you avoided facing up to that error now you are laying the blame on Burl and Barnatt , why didn't you own up to that from the start .

Opinion is wrong-----who says? it could be right!!

Have you failed to notice the stream of refutations ? It only needs one example to show it is wrong , there are countless examples .

In your opinion!! honestly not mine, i mean this, i am not winding you up, we come from such different places ,mindsets and ways of learning that we would probably never agree, you see i've always been shit academically , this is balanced with something else, i do not know [pastlives?] were the knowledge comes from but i trust it with my life- this is the reason why i believe so much and you will never change my mind on what we have been talking about[ you could on other stuff], it's a past live thing you see, and better than books, we can't even meet in the middle as we wouldn't agree where it was!!!!

First of all I should make clear that I'm not interested in discussing subjective feelings or experiences at prehistoric sites anymore than than what people feel after listening to Beethoven or 50 cent . Ok you don't accept rational evidence based arguments . That's fine but your problem then is when you meet someone or others with the same attitude who disagrees with you on something that is factual /falsifible , they " know " just as you do .Somebody must be wrong , maybe all , how do decide ?

No my reality doesn't have to be the same as [any] somebody else's, my reality is my reality and their reality is their reality, we go though life together but all experience things differently, so everybodies reality is unique to them, there are lots of things where i could think one thing and another person something else and both be right, as you know sometimes they might go together to create something more.

Sounds like a kind fairyland where you don't have to make any effort , you just know stuff , even if people disagree with you you can both be right and all those who think they know things will proved to be wrong eventually .

That is so much better than arguing all the time isn't it, what i said is true isn't it- of course what was said before is true as well, water boiling been the same and stuff like that, but it is true that everyones reality IS different.

No , your just kidding yourself .

Well my reality is certainly different to yours!!!
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Aug 06, 2012, 23:10
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

What are thee finds ?

I don't think they find all this without even looking, we are taken to it, the fact you can't get your head round it doesn't make it not true [here we go again!!!]. field walkers look at the ground , i look at the landscape, i only look at the floor sometimes to make sure i don't fall over.

No it is simple , people find things all the time ,whether they look at the landscape or not we never suggest anything mystical .
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Aug 06, 2012, 23:12
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

What are thee finds ?

One was from the field where west ashby henge once was, the other near branston near lincoln [ no known site] plus big mesolithic flint blade from manton warron near scunthope. the flint spoon was a few 100 yards from a barrow near grimes graves [ i know where it all came from]. plus part of a granite axe from the slopes of trencrom and bits of neolithic and iron age pottery as well as loads more from unknown places.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Aug 06, 2012, 23:15
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

What are thee finds ?

No it is simple , people find things all the time ,whether they look at the landscape or not we never suggest anything mystical .

I think you might be surprised how much, it's only been happening over the last year and a half, i've been visiting places since the 90's and never found anything, thats weird in itself.
Pages: 28 – [ Previous | 122 23 24 25 26 27 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index