You too can leave your Tat inside Silbury Hill

42 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
wysefool
wysefool
107 posts

Re: Slumpystones excellent comment
Mar 05, 2007, 21:26
A diatribe by a fool - or, why not put a sock in it? (apologies to those easily offended)

FACT: The only other thing to put in the hill except chalk is: Zil(ch)bury
GROAN: A Pagan Ritual would be nice, lets hope it'll be 'Merewether'.

After all those surveys and consultants and millions and wasted time, I kind of feel that we should have all got together and carried a bucket of chalk each up to the top, and just filled it in ourselves.

If we wanna restore it to its original state, why don't we strip the turf off and get back to exposed chalk. In fact, we could just rebuild it for £3 Million. Skanska! Scamska more like.

Fill it with a mixture of Chalk, flint, clay, winged ants, horses bridles, bbc camera lenses, human bones, a piece of devils apron, cornish pasty, a dash of mistletoe, knapweed and a few oak leaves for good measure. Heck, chuck in a druid, ashes or alive, just for good measure. I'm not proud.

Did you know that English Heritage, is just an anagram of Ethereal Sighing?, or Elegant Highrise, which is what the place might have been in those ancient times if those damned neolithic property developers had had their way.

If there are that many 'Arch' Druids, then why not get them all together and stick them inside the hill to support the structure. We wouldn't need to fill it with anything then would we? We could charge Americans to see it too.

But, when its all said and done;
My Mrs. (her outdoors) says we must trust the goddess in her wisdom on this matter, and I concur (but only for a quiet life).

the wysefool
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index