Silbury Hill »
You too can leave your Tat inside Silbury Hill

42 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: You too can leave your Tat inside Silbury Hill
Mar 03, 2007, 15:13
Cursuswalker your attitude, as a Druid, is brilliant.

I am perfectly sympathetic to all Pagan traditions but this makes me feel sharply anti them - and its not their fault, its EH's. It's a touch of "let's suck up to certain groups" that they have exhibited before. As you have recognised, it's totally misplaced, a form of badly thought out political correctness that will actually rebound and cause resentment towards the very groups they're trying to ingratiate themselves with. What bloody planet are they on to get this so wrong? Apart from anything else they have a statutory duty to educate - and here they are implying the old chestnut that Druids built the place (as well as Stonehenge!) i think we should campaign for a Women's Institute knitting pattern to be put in there as the connection is equal. Prats.

Yes, we should campaign for leaving nothing in there but at the same time try to make it crystal clear this is in no way anti-Druid despite EH's fatuous attempt to cause them hassle. £30K a year to make prattish decisions. Nice work if you can get it.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index