The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
rub your arse

21 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Annexus Quam
926 posts

Penises and vulvas
Feb 19, 2002, 10:20
Clefts in rock are not an unusual 'event' - I've seen pictures of famous sites (can't tell you where now) which suggest a similarity and a possible ancient spiritual connexion, this one I saw even had a waterfall down the cleft. As for your womb=mound equation, imagine a big fat Mother opening her legs for you (the sides of the big mound), showing a slit in the middle (the entrance to the big mound) with even a suspiciously thin standing stone somewhere in the middle of the entrance acting as a supposed clitoris. That's Zambujeiro, the biggest chambered tomb in Portugal (perhaps in Europe), with stones of up to 9 metres inside her big fat womb.

There's another thread of mine called Penises (or something like that) where this topic was previously discussed, but, for more examples, many of the standing stones of Portugal even have a slit at the top of the gland, acting as a realistic stone penis, or even white colouring of some sort at the top.

Another big stone (this time in a Bronte sisters-type landscape inside Western Spain) has been given the name The Donkey's Penis - when I saw it last time, city-dwelling people were still throwing pebbles on top for fertility or marriage, like a DIY oracle. This happens in another site near Monsaraz in Portugal too. Has anyone heard of this custom?

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index